What's new

Got a Gillette Cavalier razor thought I was bidding on a Bostonian.

I got a Gillette Cavalier razor off Ebay thought I was bidding on a gold Bostonian. The photo from Ebay did not show any detail. The head of the razor does not have any initials engraved on it. Any Idea how many were made? Also when they were made was the design on the head engraved or stamped? Here is the razor
$DSCF3791.jpg$DSCF3792.jpg

These were stamped Brocade design in 22 karat gold and hand engraved and initialized. The set was made more for gifts, prizes and trophies. Gillette would give them to super star Athletes as a marketing strategy, or gifts for employees.

I did a little more research on the razor and since it does not have a serial number on it. The books states that it was made some time between the beginning of 1928 to Aug. 1928.

I'd need to pull out my Cavalier at home to check it, but has anyone ever seen a Cavalier that was serial numbered? Is it possible, because of the engraving on the underside of the head and the move of the Gillette diamond and "Made in U.S.A." to the top of the guard plate where the serial number would have gone, that none of the Cavaliers were serial numbered?

Top Bottom