Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Hard to not reach for the Bayonetta.

1-31-24.Bayonetta:Doug's.Mike's.E-R:RV.640.JPG

Yes, it's that good.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Is this an audible shaver?
Say on a scale of 1-5 with the singing/slurping Mühle R95 Rocca being the 5.
I need another loud razor in my collection.

The head and blade bend remind me a lot of the Rocca. Has anyone used
both that can compare efficiency?
With that blade exposure, seems it would rate higher than the Rocca.
TIA

Is this an audible shaver?
Say on a scale of 1-5 with the singing/slurping Mühle R95 Rocca being the 5.
I need another loud razor in my collection.

The head and blade bend remind me a lot of the Rocca. Has anyone used
both that can compare efficiency?
With that blade exposure, seems it would rate higher than the Rocca.
TIA
less than the Rocca, but it's close...it's still an efficient razor

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I can't help, but looking at @uptown 's so nicely nickel plated Bayonetta, it just looks so very much like the earlier (made from stainless steel and roughly twice as expensive) Syntesi. The cap and handle are different, the baseplate looks similar, the blade clamping and geometry as well.

The Goodfellas' Smile Syntesi, hard chromed 303 steel
1706950165365.png

And here the Bayonetta for comparison, brass, unplated.
1706950203406.png

There were other pics but I was looking at the head. Not visible from this angle is that the Bayonetta cap is rounded, the Syntesi cap uses a prism cut, but the head otherwise looks very similar. The baseplate of the Bayonetta is also a bit different and not plain flat as for the Syntesi.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I need another unscheduled razor like another hole in the head, but I ordered a Bayonetta the other day. It shows up on Tuesday but we are down helping out with our granddaughter on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, so I’ll polish it up when we get home.

I’m thinking of having Chris plate it in his hardened 24K gold. He did an Overlander for me and it came out brilliant. I’m not sure what kind of base I can get for it. I might have Rudy make me up something unique.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Same here, except mine supposedly arrives Monday. I may be setting myself up for disappointment, but the Bayonetta checks a lot of boxes for me. I think it could end up being a pretty special razor for its price point.
Quite a lot seem to like it, looking forward to read about your impressions. I suspect they might release another TGF razor mid 2024 that is made of stainless steel. I am curious how similar the heads will be!

Quite a lot seem to like it, looking forward to read about your impressions. I suspect they might release another TGF razor mid 2024 that is made of stainless steel. I am curious how similar the heads will be!
I’ll certainly post after I’ve tried it. A stainless version would be nice, but for some reason I’ve been drawn to brass the last few months and just never pulled the trigger on a Karve or Blackbird. If the brass Bayonetta ends up being a limited run I’d hate to miss out on it at this price.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
If the brass Bayonetta ends up being a limited run I’d hate to miss out on it at this price.
I don't have so much FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) as a lurking suspicion that there will be more Goodfellas razors of different kinds with a very similar head design. As I am rather not so much into brass, I rather hope for the next. But this one seems to be extremely good. And yeah, suddenly I am a scrooge. :)

I need another unscheduled razor like another hole in the head, but I ordered a Bayonetta the other day. It shows up on Tuesday but we are down helping out with our granddaughter on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, so I’ll polish it up when we get home.

I’m thinking of having Chris plate it in his hardened 24K gold. He did an Overlander for me and it came out brilliant. I’m not sure what kind of base I can get for it. I might have Rudy make me up something unique.
Hey Kim...I think you're gonna like this razor based on what I've read about your preferences etc. I really like mine and it's working very well and the price point is brilliant.
Gotta admit the nickel plated one @uptown had done is awfully pretty.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Hey Kim...I think you're gonna like this razor based on what I've read about your preferences etc. I really like mine and it's working very well and the price point is brilliant.
Gotta admit the nickel plated one @uptown had done is awfully pretty.
I meant to type "stand".. not "base", obviously...

Reactions: Kix
Top Bottom