What's new

Good wines to cellar?

It doesn't look like a normal "Chateau" label, so I'm thinking it's probably a "shipper's blend" ... long tradition of the various wine shippers in Bordeaux doing a "house label" blend for each vintage. Some better than others, and of course each varying with the vintage.

My suspicion is that it's going to be a "better" class of blend, especially if it had been aged (bottle and barrel) for 5 years. If so, this is one that isn't an "age it for decades" bottle but "give it a couple more years and enjoy" bottle.

But that's just my guess; I could be wrong.
Yeah I had a hard time with that one too, because Chateau Bellevue is one that I'm actually familiar with.
Did a little hunting and it looks like this is their Ce Ma Cuvee
1620953197649.png

Enjoying follow this discussion. Sorry I don’t have any recommendations, a struggle to age what I have and make and when to catch that sweet spot in agreeing. I do have fond memories of my father and his friends endeavors. Following weather and production at mostly French vineyards and purchasing cases of “investment” wines. At home, those special bottles would be marked with a piece of masking tape around the neck to deter us kids from accidentally retrieving the wrong bottle from the cellar... Exciting gatherings where my dad’s friends would visit with a dusty box to test the investment. Mostly it was an awesome reveal, sometimes it was long discussion of what recipes would be better for for cooking with. Always great hope and great times with old wine and old friends. Cellaring is like planting trees.

Tom
Cool story. Thanks for posting it.

Yeah I had a hard time with that one too, because Chateau Bellevue is one that I'm actually familiar with.
Did a little hunting and it looks like this is their Ce Ma Cuvee
View attachment 1266210

That is exactly what it is. Thank you.

Top Bottom