What's new

Gillette slim 1966 Re Rhodium re-plate

Hi to you all just wanted to share some images of my birth year razor that I have just had re-plated by Alpha Electro Platers Ltd of Sheffield. It's apparently the first adjustable gillette they have done. I for one and pleased with how it came out. I will in time paint in the numbers on the dial I just wanted you all to see it as is returned from the platers.
John was honest enough to say they would not be repainting them for me, they just do the plating. I have to say the whole process was quick and easy not to expensive and I had my razor back in my hands in under a fortnight! $Gillette Slim 1966 Rhodium Replate 1.jpg$Gillette Slim 1966 Rhodium Replate 2.jpg$Gillette Slim 1966 Rhodium Replate 3.jpg$Gillette Slim 1966 Rhodium Replate 4.jpg

Welcome,

We share the same birth year and Slim! Beautiful job on the replete, should be good for another 50 years. Search this forum for reprinting numbers and you will find help on painting. It's actually very easy.

Cheers
John

Welcome,

We share the same birth year and Slim! Beautiful job on the replete, should be good for another 50 years. Search this forum for reprinting numbers and you will find help on painting. It's actually very easy.

Cheers
John

Thank you for the tip John I'll take a look at that.

Lovely job I use Alpha platers myself I live about 6 miles away from their workshops.
I've had various razors plated but not an adjustable. Painting the numbers is an easy job.
They always have a quick turnaround, I've had them back in my hands in a couple of days before now :w00t:

Lovely job I use Alpha platers myself I live about 6 miles away from their workshops.

I've had various razors plated but not an adjustable. Painting the numbers is an easy job.
They always have a quick turnaround, I've had them back in my hands in a couple of days before now :w00t:

Yes superb service. Really was impressed with the quick turn around and the quality of the work. I live on the east coast so I had to post it in which adds a couple of days.

Cost was £46.80 including return postage and took just 12 days from when I posted it till it was back in my hands superb service!

I'm lucky I can take them in person :thumbup1: have a chat with John. They always seem to be plating Tuning forks when I visit or Bathroom fittings, taps etc...

to me that equals almost $64. I don't think that includes the shipping and handling. that's a good chunk of change.

to me that equals almost $64. I don't think that includes the shipping and handling. that's a good chunk of change.

It's a good price for here in the UK and there are not that many choices when it comes to getting things re done. If I factor in sending a razor across the pond to the razor emporium or to New Zealand it becomes much more expensive

I'm lucky I can take them in person :thumbup1: have a chat with John. They always seem to be plating Tuning forks when I visit or Bathroom fittings, taps etc...

John was a real pleasure to deal with on the phone and even he was impressed with the results on this one. I will certainly be using him again to have work done.

Do they take it apart and give it a service, realign it etc before cleaning and replating? I'm really tempted to get my 1964 slim done

Top Bottom