What's new

Gillette slim 1966 Re Rhodium re-plate

Hi to you all just wanted to share some images of my birth year razor that I have just had re-plated by Alpha Electro Platers Ltd of Sheffield. It's apparently the first adjustable gillette they have done. I for one and pleased with how it came out. I will in time paint in the numbers on the dial I just wanted you all to see it as is returned from the platers.
That is nice work.:thumbup1:
I like how it doesn't look re-plated, it just looks brand new. (Except for the numbers, of course.)

Welcome,

We share the same birth year and Slim! Beautiful job on the replete, should be good for another 50 years. Search this forum for reprinting numbers and you will find help on painting. It's actually very easy.

Cheers
John

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a good price for here in the UK and there are not that many choices when it comes to getting things re done. If I factor in sending a razor across the pond to the razor emporium or to New Zealand it becomes much more expensive

$64 for a nice Rhodium replate of a Gillette Adjustable would be a very good price in the U.S. Congratulations. It looks terrific.

Hi guys,
I've disassembled my slim and sent it to revamp in nickel.

Now I've two problem in reassembly.

1 - the selector (the little piece) is broken, would you have some advices to replace it?

2 - I have no idea how many turn give to the selector crown, before to put in place into the handle, the plate.

I've seen the video on YouTube but I didn't understand the thing of the first line and the 5 as reference...

Thank in advance

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Hi guys,
I've disassembled my slim and sent it to revamp in nickel.

Now I've two problem in reassembly.

1 - the selector (the little piece) is broken, would you have some advices to replace it?

2 - I have no idea how many turn give to the selector crown, before to put in place into the handle, the plate.

I've seen the video on YouTube but I didn't understand the thing of the first line and the 5 as reference...

Thank in advance
I'd send it to Captain Murphy. He's a whiz. He may be able to answer your questions. He's a member here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I've found this

Gillette Slim Disassembly/Reassembly w/ before and after photos

Post #334

Hope to have understood good (English is not my mother tongue)

I converted the measure to metrical system (in Europe we aren't at Middle-Ages anymore :D) it should be 38,8mm from the base of the handles without the knob, till the indicator screwed.
This distance should be the 1 position.
Then install the plate (with spring indicator) in line with number 1

Top Bottom