What's new

Gillette Silver tone tech

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I saw what I think was a 1970 etched silver tone tech in a antique shop last week for $ 18.00 dollars. Does anyone know about this razor. It looked nice with the etching and looked like it could stand some cleaning up. Once cleaned, and shined up I think it would be a nice looking razor. It was a closed comb. And a three peice. They also had a travel razor. The woman who helped me said it was woman's travel razor. I think it was Gillette I'm not sure. They had a Gem lather catcher I think and a Gillette blue flare tip. I really liked the etched silver tone tech though. If anyone cane give me some I'm put on this one it would be appreciated. I shaving with a Merkur 39c now.

The Gillette Tech is a wonderful razor which gets lots of love on this forum and elsewhere in the world. It will be a much milder shave than the 39c you are currently using.

I own two early model Canadian made techs and they are great. One had the logo etched into the cap but that has faded away now (polishing most likely). I prefer these all brass early models over the later ones with the embossed zamack heads and aluminum handles.

There are a lot of good resources on this site and the Internet to help identify what Era of tech you were looking at. I think all are good but the early models get more respect from me.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I say haggle em down if you can and get them all!

Kindly,
Adam

Last edited:
Doctordial; You will never look back once you try a Fat Handle Pre-War Tech. There are several variants- one nickel plated, a Black Handle Tech, and the Gold Tech, which is all brass with two alloys to give it that golden look. They sold for forty-nine cents with a pack of five Blue Blades, these are mild shavers and wonderfully balanced. The all-brass version is easily refurbished to as-new. I am working on a couple of nickel plated ones to ready them for re-plating by Chris Evatt at Razorplate.com. These, along with a 1954 D3 Flare Tip Super Speed and an E1 1959 195 Adjustable, are my daily shaving tools. God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown
Gillette Fat Handle Pre-War Tech.jpg
Gillette Prewar Gold Tech Razor.JPG

Top Bottom