What's new

Futur clone Ming Shi 2000S

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
When I shave with my Ming shi razor 1st pass setting 3 -2nd pass 4 -3rd pass 5 and it will give me one of the best shaves money can buy. The razor is not perfect because its so complex to make but it is a excellent razor none the less. I actually have 2 in case I lose or damage it or as a gift in the future.

Turning the cap 180 degrees sometimes works too. Some members say to put the blade on the base and snap on the cap, some say to put the blade on the cap and snap the base onto the cap. Some say different blades align differently. It seems to be a common issue with clones. There are many permutations and combinations to try until you find one that works. Applying shims to remove play in the fit between parts in the razor as described in a few threads here, is another option. Shims are illustrated in the thread "custom clone".

I’m pretty sure that the alignment issues people are having with the clones are the exact same as what people have been having with the real-deal Futurs. There’s just something innately wonky about a spring-mounted top cap, clone or not.

I have the qshave and I didn’t notice any alignment issues at first, but almost a year later I started noticing that I sometimes had an uneven gap or a slightly twisted blade. I started to put the blades centered into the cap first before pushing the razor body onto the cap and have had minimal alignment issues since. If all else fails I just use the bottom of my vanity counter top to nudge the blade in the right direction to look visually aligned. For the price of the razor I can’t complain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to shave with my modified razor. Well it worked nice, however the setting 1, now is like 3 or 4 and I don't like it. I miss the settings 2.

Well not much to ask from a 8 usd razor.

This razor just keeps amazing me.

Case in point: I put a Polsilver SI in yesterday, which I've never used in the qshave before. When I put one in any of my Super Speeds (Fat Boy, Slim, Black Beauty, Flare, or '40s) I get a couple prickly shaves and occasionally minor irritation before it smooths out, giving me 8-10 more close and pretty smooth shaves. The shave I got yesterday from the qshave with a Polsilver was, in a word, sublime. I did a standard two pass shave; the first pass WTG at 3.5 and the second ATG at 4.5, and absolutely zero pressure applied. The results? 17 hours later I'm still about as close as an electric razor would've shaved me, had I shaved in the morning like I used to (almost).

At $14 it wasn't the least expensive razor I've purchased, that honor belongs to my $5 '59 Fat Boy, but this thing definitely holds its own among exponentially more expensive razors.

I've got a couple slants on the way so we'll see how they compare to this Chinese beast.

Years ago there was a passaround of a Merkur Futur. I used it but didn't like it enough to plop the money down for one especially since I have several adjustable vintage Gillettes. After seeing this thread I searched on Aliexpress and picked up a QShave for $13 including the shipping. The vendor already sent it off yesterday so I should have it by the middle of next month. I like the design of the razor so I'll give another try and if I still don't like it, I won't feel like I've spent a ton on a razor I'll never use again. If that's the case, I'll put it on display with my other razors.

Merkur Futur is the best kind of razor , Qshave and mingshi are following , why Waste Your Money on something worse and more expensive , use a green derby and see if Your razor is good , all this high cost razors are just a luxuary show off , my other razor now i will get rid off i think they are just holding Space

Last night I had very nice shave with my Q-futur on 3. Just a few "dry" (water only) on 4. I find that this razor gives more control on higher settings. Its efficient enough on 0.5 or 1, but just shaves better on 3. Hard to describe if you dont try for yourself. Next shave I'll try 5 and 6.

Blade is Chinese Gillette Wilkinson on tryout, best really cheap blade i tried so far. Nothing cheap about its ability to cut hair smoothly.

For uninitiated, clones have in infinite adjustability between 0.5 and 6. I started from 0.5 and I just go upwards.

Послато са Redmi Note 3 уз помоћ Тапатока

Continuing my update in this thread.

After many tries, I managed to align the base plate, somehow straight according to my naked eye.

I shaved with a Gillette Platinum blade , for the 10th time. I managed to go ATG better than ever before with a setting 3 (not sure if it is 3 after putting shims inside) . Apart of the area under nose this shave, I really enjoyed a lot this shaving.

I still think that there is still in the blade for a couple more shaves.

I wish I could find 2 or 3 fixed razors that could be the same as this Ming Shi in weight and shave on settings 2, 3 and 4 on the same price range.

I have a peculiar problems with these clones. The blade gets stuck in the top cap and wraps like an arc towards the head cap when i remove the cap. Anyone else face this?

I don't think this impacts the shave, however removing the blade is sort of waiting on a tragedy to happen.

This usually happens on higher settings.

Also i haven't heard this reported on original merkur futur razors.

Advice or experiences anyone?

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

I have a peculiar problems with these clones. The blade gets stuck in the top cap and wraps like an arc towards the head cap when i remove the cap. Anyone else face this?
I don't think this impacts the shave, however removing the blade is sort of waiting on a tragedy to happen.
This usually happens on higher settings.
Also i haven't heard this reported on original merkur futur razors.
Advice or experiences anyone?

I've had this happen from time to time. That it happens doesn't bother me in the least. I'm not going to bother trying to seek a way to prevent it from happening, I just shrug it off as a quirk of the product. When I change the blade on my razors I always do it on top of a wash cloth laying flat on the counter top. I just hold the cap/blade by the ends with the blade side down and tap it lightly down on the wash cloth. In my experience the sticking blade isn't stubborn and it easily comes off with a tap or two.

They need to publish a health hazard warning from the surgeon general on these clones! :(

I received the QShave today and was pretty damn surprised. The razor looked nice and it worked well. I gave it a test drive on a week's worth of growth. Two passes was enough for a DFS. Had a little trouble under the nose due to that large cap. I'd say it was worth the $14 I paid. Seems like a good deal. I messed around with the adjustment but finally settled on #3.

#3 seems to be safe bet on this razor. Under the nose i just go xtg, 2 or 3 times. First xgt from nose to cheek (semi wtg), second from cheek to nose (semi atg). If i want bbs repeat step 2.

#6 is really great for touchups.

"Q-futur" LOL How about Qutur?

My Qutur doesn't seem to have any issues, and gives me great shaves on 3. I use an Astra SP in mine.
Qutur might be our winner :)

Sorry to bump this thread after so many months, but looking on qshave i noticed they do one at $13.97 and one at $12.99 - anyone know if there is a difference?

Sorry to bump this thread after so many months, but looking on qshave i noticed they do one at $13.97 and one at $12.99 - anyone know if there is a difference?
I'm pretty sure there's one factory belting these out - some get packed as MingShi, others go out as Yingtal, but it would appear that 95% are identical (I did see one slightly different version with two grooves in the handle...).

$9.97 with Titanium blades... $9.97 with QShave blades... $11.76 via QShave's store... I'd just go with the first two and not worry too much.

It's still my go-to shave, though I quickly figured out that there's no need for 3-pass shaves (I found them generally a waste of effort) so with this razor on 1-2 days growth, I set it at 3 and go against the grain. Finish the shave smooth and silky in 2 minutes.

Keep it quiet - but I also started using ALUM under my arms, and that's easier after I give it a shave - and this thing does it smoothly without chopping off the odd wart it comes across... my wife thinks it's funny, but very good (living in Bkk it's nice to have clean dry pits without having to put on gunky roll-on every shower).

Have ordered and received one of these Min Shi Futur clones, haven't used it yet, visually it looks very much like the original Futur, have not yet put a blade in it so am hoping the alignment is all good, have heard it is milder than the original Futur but hoping it is not too much milder, if it can go to similar aggressiveness as a Futur on 4 then I will be happy, regardless as long as the blade alignment is ok then it will be an incredible bargain for the 7.99 including shipping that i paid.

Top Bottom