What's new

Futur clone Ming Shi 2000S

Good day gents, I was browsing through Ali express & came across this razor. I know some of you have used the NT Vigour which is another Chinese Futur clone, but have any of you tried this one? I've ordered one just now & am curious to find out what to expect.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

I appreciate the fact that they prominently state what the razor is made of. I have several zinc alloy razors that I like a lot, so I have nothing against the material. But I do like to know what I'm getting.

Any Chinese speakers here? I'm curious to know what Ming Shi means, because I've seen Weishi razors advertised as wei-shi ming. I wonder if there is the word "razor" in there somewhere.

Looks pretty nice. Cheaper than the NT Vigour even. But I'm kind of expecting it to have the same manufacturer. :thumbup1:

Edit I ordered one. :laugh:

Last edited:
I have the NT Vigour, so I'll be comparing them. My NT Vigour has some blade alignment challenges, so hoping this doesn't.

I had trouble finding it on AliExpress until I did a search on the words - safety razor for men - and two sellers showed. Looks good - thinking about buying one.

I found it by searching site:aliexpress.com and using the words razor and 2000s. Also found that WeiShi and Ming Shi seem to have some of the same razors and boxes. Much like Nanji is several crappy razor brands :)

It takes close to 30 days to get it delivered to Sydney, I'll post some pictures & review my first shave

MAJOR CORRECTION:

My wife is Chinese..... she says that Ming Shi means: "THE FAMOUS GENTLEMAN"
I think that is a way of implying that this is a Gillette!

Cheers,
Kevin

I have a Futur clone named NT Vigour in matte black. I also have an original Futur. Funny the clone is better made, have a better handle and the matte finish is not slippery. Not bad for $20. Not familiar with Ming Shi so I don't know if they are the same razor.
As for the shaving it's shaves very much as original Futur but the settings not exactly the same. I feel that the clone is slightly more aggressive.
futur.jpg

Last edited:
Run it under the Geiger counter when you get it.

I don't trust Ali Express.

As some others can testify, some of the shaving related things can get on there are excellent for the price. As with everything, be savvy, look for reviews and information on what you're buying from others, and at the end of the day it's just another bargain basement shopping site. No real need to be afraid if you properly do your research, unless you aren't internet streetwise and regularly send money to members of royal families from countries in the world's second largest continent :001_tongu

I ordered this Ming Shi 2000s Futur clone. I have long time wanted to try Merkur Futur and this seems a good way to try instead of blind purchase the Futur itself. If I like Ming Shi 2000s I may buy the real Futur too.

Top Bottom