What's new

Frag Acquisitions

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Finally sprang for a bottle of Houbigant Fougere Royale.

Had gone through four samples first!

Father of Fougeres, on tap.

AA

Today's nice smelling delivery (all scents I have not tried before):
Fine Platinum AS Splash - First whiff: Absolutely not what I expected, to me not a "power" oozing scent... but nice though, I think I like it.
Klar Klassik EdT - An immediate winner, like the soap, smells wonderful on your skin.
Four samples: 2 x Bond no. 9 (Chez Bond, Shelter Island, both EdT) and 2 x Floris (1988, Elite both EdP).

Can't wait to try them all out!

scents.jpg

Last edited:
Placed an order with Imaginary Authors on the 20th for 3 samples. Had a ETA of Friday the 24th, most the time the ETA is right on the nose but I was surprised to see the package on the table when I came in from work today.

I picked up Memoirs of a Trespasser, Bull's Blood and Cape Heartache. They all so sent me a sample of Saint Julep.

This is my first real jump in to fragrances out side of aftershaves.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Lapidus pour homme. Honey-patchouli bomb! Love it.

The "Pour Monsieur Blog" guy likes this one a lot; he likes what I like - safe blind buy.

AA

Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint is on the way for me, and I recently bought a bottle Amouage Reflection Man too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

comotú aventura
€7 from Mercadona supermarket - smells virtually the same as Farenheit by Christian Dior
20170324_140401.jpg

Designed by Lavernia & Cienfuegos | Country: Spain

“The collection of mass-market fragrances COMOTÚ, designed for Mercadona, was aimed to be a simple product, in harmony with its price, but with a surprising presentation. In order to achieve a good brand image and minimize the costs of production, only one bottle design was used for the eight different fragrances, four in black for men and four in white for women. The distinct fragrances can be differentiated thanks to the different colours of their tops.

The shape of the bottle is rounded and curved, and the packages show shiny and metallic colours.
The final design both of the bottle and its package has the gift to transmit high quality and modernity at a competitive price. It proves that a mass-market product with a good design can be very successful.”
proxy.php

Placed an order with Imaginary Authors on the 20th for 3 samples. Had a ETA of Friday the 24th, most the time the ETA is right on the nose but I was surprised to see the package on the table when I came in from work today.

I picked up Memoirs of a Trespasser, Bull's Blood and Cape Heartache. They all so sent me a sample of Saint Julep.

This is my first real jump in to fragrances out side of aftershaves.

I'm thinking about ordering some of these. How did you like them?

I'm thinking about ordering some of these. How did you like them?

I have only tried Memoirs and Bull's Blood so far. I am crap when it comes to describing fragrances but to me both of them have a very woodsy/musky smell that stuck with me through out the day. Every one I work with really enjoyed them. The only time I could smell any change in Memoirs was when I walked in to our walk in coolers at work, the woodsy/musky was still there but there was more of a sweet smell , not to over powering.

Really love Memoirs so far.

Now I am trying to figure out if I want to really spend $95 on a 50 ML bottle of Memoirs or not.

comotú aventura
€7 from Mercadona supermarket - smells virtually the same as Farenheit by Christian Dior
View attachment 777876

Designed by Lavernia & Cienfuegos | Country: Spain

“The collection of mass-market fragrances COMOTÚ, designed for Mercadona, was aimed to be a simple product, in harmony with its price, but with a surprising presentation. In order to achieve a good brand image and minimize the costs of production, only one bottle design was used for the eight different fragrances, four in black for men and four in white for women. The distinct fragrances can be differentiated thanks to the different colours of their tops.

The shape of the bottle is rounded and curved, and the packages show shiny and metallic colours.
The final design both of the bottle and its package has the gift to transmit high quality and modernity at a competitive price. It proves that a mass-market product with a good design can be very successful.”
proxy.php

I don't use colognes or anything much, they are just waaay too expensive, so I just use any samples I get. I just want to try these just for the bottles.

I purchased Polo green maybe about a month ago as my first foray into fragrances. A family member of mine still has an original bottle from around the time that it was first released decades ago and I was really into the scent. I'm just really disappointed in that I feel that I purchased a fake. I spent some time researching FragranceNet and it seemed to be that they are a legitimate vendor but the cologne that I purchased is absolutely nothing like the original - pungent and unpleasant scent, nonexistent projection, and absolutely zero longevity.

When I finish this bottle, I will purchase from an official retailer since I love the fragrance. I'm curious to know if anyone has tried an old and new formulation as well and if they had the same experience or if I truly received a fake.

I purchased Polo green maybe about a month ago as my first foray into fragrances. A family member of mine still has an original bottle from around the time that it was first released decades ago and I was really into the scent. I'm just really disappointed in that I feel that I purchased a fake. I spent some time researching FragranceNet and it seemed to be that they are a legitimate vendor but the cologne that I purchased is absolutely nothing like the original - pungent and unpleasant scent, nonexistent projection, and absolutely zero longevity.

When I finish this bottle, I will purchase from an official retailer since I love the fragrance. I'm curious to know if anyone has tried an old and new formulation as well and if they had the same experience or if I truly received a fake.

Fragrancenet is a legit site you didnt get a fake, just a reformulated fragrance

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

+1

FragranceNet is pretty legit. Many fragrances get reformulated to hell due to ever-changing rules and/or costs of ingredients. It's one of the reasons why "vintage" fragrance bottles/versions have a large mark-up on ebay.

I am sure this scenario is what you have encountered. I've bought a "backup" bottle of a few of my keeper fragrances because I know they will reformulated sooner or later.

I love colognes and variety, but don't have the budget for expensive frags. I picked up two cheap-but-good frags today:
Kanon Norwegian Wood
Alfred Sung Hei

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I love colognes and variety, but don't have the budget for expensive frags. I picked up two cheap-but-good frags today:
Kanon Norwegian Wood
Alfred Sung Hei

Both of these are winners for me. For the price they were a steal. The wife approved of both.

Today I scored something I have wanted to try for a long time. I have read about it online but never seen it locally.

Armaf Club De Nuit Intense. Great stuff, and also a hit with the wife.

Top Bottom