What's new

Five Brush PIF for New(ish) Members

Because everybody, especially new B&B members, should have more than one shaving brush...

I'm giving away the five brushes you see below. To receive one of the brushes, you must:

(a) be a member who joined since December 15, 2016;
(b) have introduced yourself in the Hall of Fame before today (January 18); and
(c) own only one shaving brush.

This PIF is open to all B&B members who meet those 3 criteria, anywhere in the world.

If you meet the criteria and would like one of these brushes, please post saying you're in and what one brush you currently own.

If there are more than 5 people in, I will use random.org on the morning of Sunday, January 22 to select 5 people to receive the brushes. I will then look at what brushes they already have and try to match them up with something different. I will post the names here and PM the recipients to get mailing addresses. I would like to ship them all at the same time on Monday, so if you are in, please check your PM's Sunday evening.

The five brushes (all of which have been cleaned and sterilized) are, from left to right:

1. Aluminum handle, synthetic knot. Chinese. Used 3 times while traveling. Very soft and well-made.
2. Wooden handle, synthetic Plisson knot. Very nice brush assembled by another member here.
3. EverReady C40, vintage brush with (I think) boar hair. I bought it NOS and have used it twice. Great little brush.
4. EverReady 100, vintage handle with new (used 5 times) finest badger knot from The Golden Nib.
5. Semogue 620 boar brush, used maybe 20-25 times. Almost broken in now, but not quite.

$IMG_0861.JPG

Very nice and generous PIF, Not in (just received two in the mail yesterday) but I am sure there will be some very happy members this weekend.

Ok, I think I might, maybe, possibly qualify. Maybe on a technicality? I figure it is worth a shot. I am not exactly sure what the hall of fame is but I did join towards the end of December. I did also post a shaving journal already. I also have a couple of threads on the newbie forum.

I currently have a synthetic plisson brush from RazoRock. The 24mm with the barber handle. I do really like it but I have wondered what a natural brush would be like. Coincidentally, my shaving pal @Luecke2326 who sold me my Gillette Slim had originally recommended the Semogue 620 for me but I went with the RazoRock to start with (hint, hint). :w00t: By the way, I don't know anything at all about the others. I have no doubt that they are great and I'd be very glad to experiment with any of them and post a detailed comparison vs. the Razorock from a newbie's perspective.

Anyway, hopefully I qualify. Thanks for the generous PIF offer regardless! I must say, the members of this forum are incredibly generous and inspiring.

Last edited:
Sweet PIF, but not in. Good luck to those that are in

"Never trade what you want most, for what you want in the moment."

Sent from the GnomePhone

My criteria may have been too restrictive. If I don't have 5 takers who meet these criteria, I'll PIF the remaining brushes next week and open it up a bit more.

My criteria may have been too restrictive. If I don't have 5 takers who meet these criteria, I'll PIF the remaining brushes next week and open it up a bit more.

Another week or so would have seen me stick my hand up as I only have a cheap eBay brush that sheds faster than a really fast shedding thing but leave it as it is you will get enough takers.

The hall of fame requirement kept me out.
I've got a boar, but look forward to trying a badger or synthetic someday.

Thanks
Mark

Top Bottom