What's new

Five Brush PIF for New(ish) Members

OK folks. Since there was only ONE person who qualified, obviously I made my criteria too tight. But rather than do another PIF, I'm going to send the following brushes to each of the fine gentlemen below, most of whom indicated an interest but barely missed on my too-narrow criteria. I'll be sending PMs to gather up addresses and ship tomorrow (Monday). We've got one Australian and one Canadian in the group, so be patient with the international shipping.

1. Aluminum handle, synthetic knot. @HokaHey
2. Wooden handle, synthetic Plisson knot. [MENTION=113353]drwevil[/MENTION]
3. EverReady C40, boar knot. -- [MENTION=113780]Ramathorn[/MENTION]
4. EverReady 100, finest badger knot. -- [MENTION=113833]Kindas[/MENTION]
5. Semogue 620 boar brush. -- [MENTION=113793]stook2001[/MENTION]

OK folks. Since there was only ONE person who qualified, obviously I made my criteria too tight. But rather than do another PIF, I'm going to send the following brushes to each of the fine gentlemen below, most of whom indicated an interest but barely missed on my too-narrow criteria. I'll be sending PMs to gather up addresses and ship tomorrow (Monday). We've got one Australian and one Canadian in the group, so be patient with the international shipping.

Now this is really awesome of you! I love this community [emoji106]

"Never trade what you want most, for what you want in the moment."

Sent from the GnomePhone

Thanks Charles!
Your gift looks like it may answer a couple questions for me. I've been wondering about synthetics, and also if a smaller knot might work better for me. Any idea what size that knot is?

Thanks again,
Mark

THANK YOU very much for your generosity!! I will treat it well. I really wanted a badger brush but couldnt afford one atm. The people on this forum are amazing.

That was a very generous gesture, Komboloi. Alas, I joined after January 18, and so wouldn't have been able to qualify under your criteria, and I see you have already selected five no doubt deserving members. My newbie question was about brushes, and one of the responding recommendations seems to be one of the brushes you just gave away. I've now ordered a second brush, but I'll look out for anyone else giving used ones away. I figure I can get a couple more before my wife starts asking, "What's with all these brushes?":001_smile

That was a very generous gesture, Komboloi. Alas, I joined after January 18, and so wouldn't have been able to qualify under your criteria, and I see you have already selected five no doubt deserving members. My newbie question was about brushes, and one of the responding recommendations seems to be one of the brushes you just gave away. I've now ordered a second brush, but I'll look out for anyone else giving used ones away. I figure I can get a couple more before my wife starts asking, "What's with all these brushes?":001_smile

I'm getting one of the synthetic brushes .... I'm so excited.
But while, not so patently waiting, I have being doing some research on them and apparently they are very very good.

If a synthetic is what your looking have a look at these videos.
A humorous part one
https://youtu.be/n_h4BiiJ7b8

A more serous one comparing synthetics
https://youtu.be/0-J6XDj_eM4

Just recieved my new brush!!! I can wait to try it out. Thank you again for a great pif and my first badger brush

I received the EverReady C40 from this PIF a few days ago. I put it into service and have had a couple of days to try it out. It's making great lather and I'm enjoying the real hair knot. Thanks again for your generosity Komboloi!

I received my care package thank you so much for your generosity. The synthetic brush is just WOW.... I can get lather looking like the ones in the video. And the shaves are so much better.

proxy.php

Outstanding PIF! I meet the requirements other than the number of brushes (Members have already sent me a few to try out!).

New guys, The Chinese Synthetic will surprise you. Dont let the fact that it is not an expensive brush fool you. I have found it a great brush to use in the smaller containers of soap due to its size.

The Semogue 620 is an awesome boar brush to start out with. Once it gets a good bloom going, that will hold enough lather for more passes than your face will allow! If you qualify, definitley "Im in" for this one. If you dont qualify, per Komboloi, keep an eye out for the PIF with the remaining brushes in it.

Great job Komboloi, keeping the spirit alive and well!

Outstanding PIF! I meet the requirements other than the number of brushes (Members have already sent me a few to try out!).

New guys, The Chinese Synthetic will surprise you. Dont let the fact that it is not an expensive brush fool you. I have found it a great brush to use in the smaller containers of soap due to its size.

The Semogue 620 is an awesome boar brush to start out with. Once it gets a good bloom going, that will hold enough lather for more passes than your face will allow! If you qualify, definitley "Im in" for this one. If you dont qualify, per Komboloi, keep an eye out for the PIF with the remaining brushes in it.

Great job Komboloi, keeping the spirit alive and well!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this one has been and gone...
You are correct about the synthetic I was lucky enough to get the synthetic and the thing is brilliant....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like I forgot the "Im not in" line from my initial post. I just wanted to revel in the awesomeness of the PIF and share my experience with those who won them.

Top Bottom