What's new

First SR On The Way!

I'm excited. I've been using a DE for a few years and finally decided to take the plunge into SR Shaving. I just got
my shipping notification from Whipped Dog for a Sight Unseen. Can't wait!

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Nice! Many of us have started the exact same way. Larry is a great guy and a pleasure to order from. Congrats! :thumbup:

I'm sure you've already heard it quite a few times, but for almost everyone it takes dozens of shaves to become proficient with a straight. Be patient and enjoy the process of developing your skills.

Congrats and welcome to the world of straights! I started with Larry as well and I still go back to his page from time to time to see if he has any interesting vintage razors for sale. I use his balsa strop all the time as well.

I pulled the trigger on one last night as well along with the poor man strop. I've been using a Feather AC SS since Christmas with outstanding results so I may as well go all in. Will probably use this whipped dog for weekend shaves.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Just wait until you start calling the local post office asking them to hold your packages so you can pick them up on the way to work. :w00t:

Last edited:
Congratulations. I'm very close to ordering a sight unseen from him for my first straight razor too. I'm curious to see what you get!

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
You better post a pic when you get it :thumbup1: Mine's somewhere between Texas and California right now. Ridiculous that I feel like a 10 year old kid and I'm waiting for a 100 year old beat up razor haha.

That's the first symptom of RAD!

Cheers, Steve

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Congratulations. I'm very close to ordering a sight unseen from him for my first straight razor too. I'm curious to see what you get!
:lol:

Attachments

• $IMG_9611.JPG
    $IMG_9611.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 36
Top Bottom