What's new

First shave with a tech

I wanted to fall in love with the Tech. I really did. It's an elegant design and very pretty at that.

Unfortunately, it just doesn't seem to shave as well as my Slim. I'll keep using it until the blade goes dull to give it a fair shake, but I'm not nearly as pleased with it as I thought I would be.

The Tech is just a mild, easy to use razor. It does give a good shave though. If you are used to a more aggressive razor, I can understand how it might not have any wow factor.

The Tech is just a mild, easy to use razor. It does give a good shave though. If you are used to a more aggressive razor, I can understand how it might not have any wow factor.

I found it fine for flat surfaces like my sideburns, but it didn't offer a lot under the nose and chin.

Which blade are you using? Techs really shine with sharper blades. Also, the angle is a little different than with a Gillette TTO.

Which blade are you using? Techs really shine with sharper blades. Also, the angle is a little different than with a Gillette TTO.

Shark.

The angle is a little different and I ended up three fingering it. Like I said, it worked great on the sideburns, but was pretty frustrating under the chin.

You can get a great shave with a Tech if you follow these guidelines:

1) use the sharpest blade you can get your hands on

2) do a boatload of passes.

The second thing is why I switched over from a Tech to a Fatboy; it's just not aggressive enough. Even after 3 passes, my shave is not as close as I would like it to be.

The second thing is why I switched over from a Tech to a Fatboy; it's just not aggressive enough. Even after 3 passes, my shave is not as close as I would like it to be.

This is precisely my issue. Though I use a Slim instead of the Fat.

So I guess the East-German Feintechnik tech clones are a bit more aggressive, as they do get me there in 3 passes tops. They are great with a sharp blade. Even Feather likes them :thumbup:

I found that the best way to get a decent shave whit a normal Tech is to use a blade like Feather.
But the Feather Portable witch is a Tech clone is way more aggressive, and gives close shave like a HD can give but with fewer pass than a normal Tech.

Second go with the Tech today met with similar results. 3 passes and still stubbly.

I really wanted to fall in love with this razor. I love the fact that the head has such a narrow profile, but it just doesn't shave close enough for my tastes.

Top Bottom