What's new

First picture of new product

I know, I know - you are thinking, does The Captain ever sleep??! Last month was the release of our new line of shaving creams; then a release of a new scent, 45th Parallel in cream, soap and balm that is a hit; beta testing of a bay rum cologne is currently under way and now MORE?? Yes indeed, as a service to mankind it is a burden happily shouldered. :thumbup:

Introducing, The Captain's Choice Soap Locker. For those who prefer to dress up their surroundings you simply scoop the soap out of the container it arrives in and deposit it into one of these classy lockers. The lid keeps everything fresh and the lockers will be available in the same finish as our lather bowls.

We first posted on our Facebook to inquire if there was some interest and we were knocked over by the enthusiasm. Read what over thirty guys had to say on the January 5 post: Captain's Choice Products | Facebook

So we had some made up and coated in a matching glaze to our very popular lather bowls. Here is a quick picture of a selection. The lather bowl and Captain's Choice brush are there for the sake of scale. We are leaning toward the larger version since it is just large enough to hold five ounces of soap which is an industry standard of sorts. The other size has less volume. These are prototypes to try out / collect feedback / amend / then put into production. The thinking is that the lids would be oversized a bit so that they overhang the container and are easy to grasp for removal. As you can see, the interior of the lid protrudes down into the container so when it is set on the counter it stands proud of the counter, making it easy to pick back up.

I would love to hear what you guys think. Each one of these is hand made right here in the USA and is truly one of a kind. We will be posting this on FB next week but wanted you guys to see it first - let me hear from you. Would you buy them? Looks like pricing is going to be around $28.00 or so.
IMG_2995.JPG

wow really nice, I am using a similar concept to that to keep my Ogallala Bay Rum soap and it works a treat... my setup isn’t as pretty tho.

Holy cow! I would buy one in a heartbeat! I've been looking at getting one of your shave bowls for a while now but this is definitely something! I have a few soaps that I don't have a bowl to put them in so I will definitely be getting one of these once it does come out! The Captain is always coming out with something and it is simply amazing!

Scott you have truly out done yourself on this. The Soap Lockers are beautiful. I sound like you are going to sell them empty...but if I were you...I would make some kind of limited edition soap or special soap of some kind and sell it with the locker. As you change up the soap you could change the color of the soap lockers. Make them collectible of sorts. Just my opinion. But they are beautiful non-the-less. Good luck!

I'm waiting for the butter coolers
but I really like the idea, it's, just, well, I currently buy my soaps with apropos sealing tins or jars ..
ya make the S.V. lines refills look like a much nicer value though!

Cool, what's the inside diameter?

The ID of the one we are leaning toward is 3 1/2" and it is 1 1/2" deep. That is enough to hold five ounces of soap pressed firmly into the bottom. After testing this morning it is also wide enough to give space to load the brush prior to moving to a (Captain's Choice - don'cha know! :001_302: ) lather bowl to build your lather for the day.

Here is a pic with one of our Captain's Choice brushes to illustrate what I am talking about:

IMG_2999.jpg

@Captain Pre-Capsize can I buy one and have it filled with North? Or 45th Parallel? Will that be an option. They are gorgeous!

Thanks Chad, PM sent. To be clear, these are prototypes and the final version may differ slightly from what we have. Cost is also in flux as we sort out pricing and materials. Looks like final retail will be around $30.00 based on what total costs come in at. The lid adds a good deal to the expense but the lid is not only necessary but is what makes it!

The large one is where it's at.

Looks great. Will it have any nubs or anything in the bottom to hold onto harder soap pucks?

Had not considered that but will check with the factory on it.

Thanks guys, for the feedback. Based upon this here and with emails received we will be offering these either empty or full. Today it goes out to all those who follow us on Facebook. (Like us to keep up to date with all things Captain Choice.) That is where this began initially and so we expect to hear all about how these look from those who follow us there. Check it out later today when we post this same picture - a link for your convenience: Captain's Choice Products | Facebook

Captain you are just an idea machine! Fantastic looking! Need to keep an eye on your site for these as I think it will start to be my new standard for soap storage. Tin cans work for awhile but don't hold up in my bathroom for longer then what it takes to use up the soap I have in them.

What I will do is let you guys in on it first right here in this thread. Once we have them in stock I'll give you an update but we will only have a limited number as the kiln is full of lather bowls as well. The next firing we will have a lot more but that will be two months or so from now. I expect to report us having some in stock in two weeks at the most. Stay tuned!

Scott,

Love the look but you knew that, I responded to what we have talked about today and sorry it took so long, another thought i just came up with is and @Merle mentioned is butter coolers, that would be to have the lid with say a 2.5" high ring on it to allow you to put your soap in it and that would allow the bottom to be used for a lather bowl but a cream would not work as it would not stay in the lid and as you mentioned the lids would have to be slightly oversized to allow easy removal.

A lid for your lather bowls would be a winner.

+1. I think this is a fantastic idea. I know your lather bowl is obviously a lather bowl first and foremost...but...I have filled it a time or 2 with soft soaps and grated hard pucks. For those of us that face lather your lather bowl makes a great soap dish...'cept it doesn't have a cover. Every good soap dish should have a cover. If you offer an optional cover for the lather bowl I'd be first in line.

I know, I know - you are thinking, does The Captain ever sleep??! Last month was the release of our new line of shaving creams; then a release of a new scent, 45th Parallel in cream, soap and balm that is a hit; beta testing of a bay rum cologne is currently under way and now MORE?? Yes indeed, as a service to mankind it is a burden happily shouldered. :thumbup:

Introducing, The Captain's Choice Soap Locker. For those who prefer to dress up their surroundings you simply scoop the soap out of the container it arrives in and deposit it into one of these classy lockers. The lid keeps everything fresh and the lockers will be available in the same finish as our lather bowls.

We first posted on our Facebook to inquire if there was some interest and we were knocked over by the enthusiasm. Read what over thirty guys had to say on the January 5 post: Captain's Choice Products | Facebook

So we had some made up and coated in a matching glaze to our very popular lather bowls. Here is a quick picture of a selection. The lather bowl and Captain's Choice brush are there for the sake of scale. We are leaning toward the larger version since it is just large enough to hold five ounces of soap which is an industry standard of sorts. The other size has less volume. These are prototypes to try out / collect feedback / amend / then put into production. The thinking is that the lids would be oversized a bit so that they overhang the container and are easy to grasp for removal. As you can see, the interior of the lid protrudes down into the container so when it is set on the counter it stands proud of the counter, making it easy to pick back up.

I would love to hear what you guys think. Each one of these is hand made right here in the USA and is truly one of a kind. We will be posting this on FB next week but wanted you guys to see it first - let me hear from you. Would you buy them? Looks like pricing is going to be around $28.00 or so.View attachment 760445

Scot,
They all look great. I prefer the larger shallow one with a lid.

Top Bottom