What's new

Favorite DE Razor - Do You Have One?

Not yet. I really like my 57 Gillette SuperSpeed; mild but with the right blades a phenomenal shaver. With Personna Reds and Labs, amazing.

That said, I have a pre-war and a post war Tech at Delta Echo and a Fat Boy on the way from a Bay purchase.

Stay tuned.

I am having fun trying out the vintage Gillette razors that I have acquired recently (the NEW LC is a thing of beauty), but I think my Merkur 34c with an Astra SP is still my favorite.

$slim 001.jpg

Of all the razors I own, I reach for this slim probably 350 out of 365 days. I guess I'm a creature of habit, that or I believe you can't improve on perfection.... Either way a consistently great shave...

I love any of the Gillette Adjustables, though the Slim probably is number one by the narrowest of margins. The Merkur adjustables also are outstanding. The Barbasol Floating Head and the Gillette NEW's also are strong contenders, as is the 1950 Gillette Aristocrat. But then, you asked for one favorite. I dunno. Pick one of these at random, I guess.

I just re-read your question. You asked, do I have one? No. I don't have one. I have eight or ten that would qualify as favorites.

Last edited:
I have three, and they each have their own strong points.

EJ DE89 - well-balanced, mild, three-piece breaks down for easy cleaning and travel.

Gillette Super-109 - TTO, adjustable for everything up to and including Feathers.

Gillette Super Speed - also TTO, but small, light, and nimble.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I just got an AS-D2 too - totally in love with it. It's so smooth that at first i thought i had the angle all wrong and was just wiping off the lather but when i looked all the stubble was gone too! My first real BBS in three passes.

I still love my EJ DE86 but the new Feather is on a whole different level.

Top Bottom