What's new

*Fatip Slant*

20210822_154140-01-01.jpeg

:001_wub:

I read earlier in this thread that the piccolo handle is solid brass, so quite a bit heavier than the hollow Lo Storto handle. Do they sell the FOCS with the solid brass handle? I'd buy another if they did, primarily for the handle. The stock one is too light.

I read earlier in this thread that the piccolo handle is solid brass, so quite a bit heavier than the hollow Lo Storto handle. Do they sell the FOCS with the solid brass handle? I'd buy another if they did, primarily for the handle. The stock one is too light.
If you like the regular Piccolo handle then you should also like the FOCS Piccolo handle. It is the same weight, just a slightly different design.
fatip-slant-piccolo-1.jpg

I read the first 60 pages of this thread on Sunday looking to see specifically what handles fit the FOCS. I saw a link to a thread dating back to 2013 that mentioned handles that are no longer made Weber, T2 etc. i did find a Razorock handle from my BBS A plate, that worked but the threads seemed iffy and i don’t wanna ruin the handle or FOCS.

Yesterday i tried several more that do fit. Any YAQI handle fits perfect. I had 2 Gun metal YAQI handles, one from the SE Katana razor and a longer handle from a YAQI i forget the name of. Both fit great and i liked the grip of the Katana handle.

Another I didn’t expect to fit but seemed exact with no slip or slop in the threads was the handle from Timeless bronze. Shaved this morning with it and it’s perfect. I love the extra weight it brings and makes for an effortless shave. I let the weight of the razor do all the work and with a brand new Personna Lab Blues, it was like one of my best DFS AND slightly less than BBS with only WTG and slight touch up with no weepers or cuts.

I find i like heavier handles on my razors. Some aluminum razors i never liked, brought on a new life with a heavy brass handle. Love the YAQI Mammoth or Monolith (forget what they call it) handle. One of the fattest and heaviest, besides the raw brass one of similar proportions from west coast shaving. I’ll check more handles to fit the FOCS for folks that can’t get used to the light hollow Fatip handle like me, I probably have 50 other razor handles to check still, lol.

Ps. That older thread from 2013 mentioned an IKON OSS handle that fits Fatip threads, and it did fit, but it seemed more unstable than the Razorock, as only the last bit of threads locked it down.

Here are some pics of handles that fit the FOCS or any other Fatip razor heads.

F6200F73-F2E7-49D9-BA81-1DD2FD3D25E2.jpeg
47EC7D97-9187-49FA-A341-FEE4CDAC7846.jpeg
8AE98880-E78D-4CFC-801B-5AA43026813A.jpeg
1339CB6A-DEF7-44B2-925F-8A98D27A42C1.jpeg
5C15DBC6-D578-4C56-9C6F-B5F356CEC2A4.jpeg

TIMELESS BRONZE.............BRASS BLACKBIRD..............YAQI ???.................YAQI KATANA.....RAZOROCK ECO/LUPO

I added the aluminum RR Eco handle for kicks, it fits but it's lighter than the original FOCS handle so I'd never use it most likely only other than to try it as an experiment.

Last edited:
I want to but a Fatip Grande Slant Open Comb in chrome.
Does anybody know a vendor stocking this with reasonable shipping charges to the USA?

Maggards and Italian Barber normally sell these but they are out of stock now. Fendrihan has it in stock. I had to check as I assumed with the Fendrihan name that it was a European company but they are right here close to me in Largo FL. Free shipping over $35 so with the razor and a small filler item you're good to go.

you ordered from a UK dealer when I linked to a US dealer with free shipping? What am I missing here?
Probably the 4 drinks I had is what is missing. Cal posted 12 minutes before you and quoted me which created an alert in red when I logged in. I just saw his post as an alert and didn't read the entire thread. I didn't even see your post until now. Thanks for the research. It is much appreciated. I am very sorry for any trouble I caused.

Last edited:
Top Bottom