What's new

Fatip Piccolo (Mk 2) - How would you RATE its AGGRESSIVENESS?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Thanks, guys! :001_smile

Here are some changes that I thought of after posting the latest version:

* Allow user to describe the shave: WTG, XTG, ATG for pass 1, 2, 3, etc. A text entry would be simplest, but more fields might be best.

* Incorporate adjustable/baseplate setting into the razor selection, e.g., Rockwell 6S with Size R1 Baseplate and Merkur Futur on Setting 4. This would help with making sure that input is legitimate and it would make processing easier.

* Allow notes for condition of razor, e.g., polished modification, came used with scratches, model year and quarter, etc.

What do you think?

Why not?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Thoughts?

>>>>> GENERAL SHAVING EXPERIENCE <<<<<

1. My experience with a wide variety and large number of razors and blades in the following areas (single number on a scale from 0 for no experience to 10 for being an expert):
* Double-Edge (DE): 8
* Gem, Ever-Ready, etc.: 2
* Injector: 0
* Artist Club (AC): 0
* Non-Cartridge Multi-Blade: 0
* Straight: 0
* Shavette: 0
* Cartridge:10
* Electric: 10

2. Overall rate and approximate or exact total amount of time that I have shaved in the following areas ([#] shaves per [day, week, month, or year] for a total of [#] years and [#] months and [#] weeks and [#] days):
* Double-Edge (DE): 18 months
* Gem, Ever-Ready, etc.: 1 month
* Injector:
* Artist Club (AC):
* Non-Cartridge Multi-Blade:
* Straight:
* Shavette:
* Cartridge: 20 years
* Electric: 20 years

3. Approximate or exact number of different razors that I have used in the following areas:
* Double-Edge (DE): 12
* Injector:
* Artist Club (AC):
* Straight:
* Shavette:
* Cartridge: 5-6
* Electric: 4-5

4. Approximate or exact number of different blades that I have used in the following areas:
* Double-Edge (DE): 30+
* Injector:
* Artist Club (AC):
* Straight:
* Shavette:
* Cartridge: 5-6
* Electric: 2-3

>>>>> SAFETY RAZOR AND BLADE SELECTION <<<<<

5. Safety Razor (or Head) Manufacturer and Model: Fatip Grande

6. Adjustable Setting or Baseplate Option (If Applicable):

7. Handle Manufacturer and Model:
(*) Only stock handle for the razor
( ) One of the stock handles for the razor: [Type in Option]
( ) Not a stock handle for the razor: [Type in Manufacturer and Model]

8. Overall rate and approximate or exact total amount of time that I have used the razor ([#] shaves per [day, week, month, or year] for a total of [#] years and [#] months and [#] weeks and [#] days): 16 months

9. Approximate or exact number of different blades that I have used with the razor: ~30

10. Blade that works best with the razor for me and that goes with my ratings (or blades that work best with the razor and that seem identical in the razor to me): Gillette Yellow

>>>>> HAIR AND SKIN <<<<<

11. Areas of my body that go with my hair and skin ratings and my ratings for the selected combination of safety razor and blade:
[*] Face (and front of neck)
[ ] Head (and back of neck)
[ ] Legs
[ ] Other

12. Overall Hair Toughness (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely weak to 10 for extremely tough): 10

13. Overall Hair Density (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely sparse to 10 for extremely dense): 8

14. Overall Hair Direction Complexity (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely simple to 10 for extremely complex): 4

15. Overall Hair Growth Rate/Speed (single number on a scale from 0 for slowest to 10 for fastest with 5 for average): 5

16. Overall Skin Toughness (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely weak to 10 for extremely tough): 8

17. Overall Skin Sensitivity (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely insensitive to 10 for extremely sensitive): 6

>>>>> HANDLE OVERVIEW AND CONSTRUCTION <<<<<

18. Overall Rating of Handle (single number on a scale from 0 for awful to 10 for phenomenal): 10

19. Value (single number on a scale from 0 for awful or a total rip-off to 10 for phenomenal for its price with 5 for appropriate for its price): 10

20. Fun and Coolness (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely boring and uncool to 10 for extremely fun and cool): 10

21. Materials (single number on a scale from 0 for least satisfied to 10 for most satisfied): 10

22. Surface Condition with Respect to Imperfections and Machining Marks (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely flawed surface to 10 for flawless/perfect surface): 8

23. Plating Condition (If Applicable) (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely flawed plating to 10 for flawless/perfect plating): 10

24. Weight (single number on a scale from 0 for least satisfied to 10 for most satisfied): 10

25. Length (single number on a scale from 0 for least satisfied to 10 for most satisfied): 10

26. Diameter (single number on a scale from 0 for least satisfied to 10 for most satisfied): 10

27. Shape (single number on a scale from 0 for least satisfied to 10 for most satisfied): 10

28. Grip (single number on a scale from 0 for worst to 10 for best): 8

>>>>> SAFETY RAZOR OVERVIEW AND CONSTRUCTION <<<<<

29. Overall Rating of Safety Razor (single number on a scale from 0 for awful to 10 for phenomenal): 10

30. Value (single number on a scale from 0 for awful or a total rip-off to 10 for phenomenal for its price with 5 for appropriate for its price): 10

31. Fun and Coolness (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely boring and uncool to 10 for extremely fun and cool): 10

32. Materials (single number on a scale from 0 for least satisfied to 10 for most satisfied): 10

33. Surface Condition with Respect to Imperfections and Machining Marks (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely flawed surface to 10 for flawless/perfect surface): 8

34. Plating Condition (If Applicable) (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely flawed plating to 10 for flawless/perfect plating): 10

35. Weight (single number on a scale from 0 for least satisfied to 10 for most satisfied): 10

36. Balance (single number on a scale from 0 for awfully balanced for me to 10 for perfectly balanced for me): 10

37. Direction of Imbalance (If Applicable):
( ) Top heavy (towards top of cap)
( ) Bottom heavy (towards bottom of handle)

38. Compatibility of Head with Non-Stock Handles (single number on a scale from 0 for only compatible with stock handle(s) to 10 for apparently compatible with all standard handles): 0

39. Precision and Fit of Pieces, Not Including Blades (single number on a scale from 0 for worst to 10 for best): 10

40. Fit of Blades (single number on a scale from 0 for no blades fit to 10 for all suitable blades fit): 10

41. Blade Alignment (single number on a scale from 0 for awful to 10 for perfect): 6

>>>>> CONTROL AND LEARNING CURVE <<<<<

42. Blade Rigidity (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely flexible to 10 for extremely rigid): 10

43. Ease of Maintaining Control (single number on a scale from 0 for most difficult to control to 10 for easiest to control): 10

44. Agility/Nimbleness (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely clumsy/awkward to 10 for extremely agile/nimble): 10

45. Head Comfort (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely uncomfortable to 10 for extremely comfortable): 10

46. Ease of Learning (single number on a scale from 0 for most difficult to learn to 10 for easiest to learn): 6

>>>>> OPERATION AND EFFECTS <<<<<

47. Angles:
[ ] I don't know the angles that I use with the razor [unchecked by default]
* Shallow-Angle Shaving ("Riding the Cap"): [80] % of shave [required if user knows angles]
* Neutral-Angle Shaving: [10] % of shave [required if user knows angles]
* Steep-Angle Shaving ("Riding the Guard"): [10] % of shave [required if user knows angles]

48. Pressure (single number on a scale from 0 for seemingly no pressure to 10 for extreme pressure):
* Shallow-Angle Shaving ("Riding the Cap"): 10
* Neutral-Angle Shaving: 2
* Steep-Angle Shaving ("Riding the Guard"): 5

49. Aggressiveness (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely mild to 10 for extremely aggressive):
* Neutral-Angle Shaving: 1
* Steep-Angle Shaving ("Riding the Guard"): 3

I'm assuming Grant, the above is asking how I personally use the razor at a given angle?

50. Efficiency of Cutting Hair (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely inefficient/ineffective to 10 for extremely efficient/effective):
* Neutral-Angle Shaving: 10
* Steep-Angle Shaving ("Riding the Guard"): 10

51. Gentleness to Skin (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely harsh/irritating to 10 for extremely gentle/comforting):
* Neutral-Angle Shaving: 5
* Steep-Angle Shaving ("Riding the Guard"): 7

52. Ability to Prevent Bites, Nicks, Cuts, and Weepers (single number on a scale from 0 for no ability to 10 for phenomenal ability):
* Neutral-Angle Shaving: 8
* Steep-Angle Shaving ("Riding the Guard"): 9

53. Blade Feel (single number on a scale from 0 for no blade feel to 10 for extreme blade feel):
* Shallow-Angle Shaving ("Riding the Cap"): 0
* Neutral-Angle Shaving: 10
* Steep-Angle Shaving ("Riding the Guard"): 8

54. Audible and Vibrational Feedback (single number on a scale from 0 for no feedback to 10 for extreme feedback):
* Neutral-Angle Shaving: 8
* Steep-Angle Shaving ("Riding the Guard"): 4

>>>>> RESULTS <<<<<

55. Closeness of Shave (single number on a scale from 0 for stubble everywhere to 10 for baby butt smooth (BBS)): 10

56. Comfort of Shave (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely uncomfortable to 10 for extremely comfortable): 10

57. Satisfaction with Shave (single number on a scale from 0 for least satisfied to 10 for most satisfied): 10

>>>>> OTHER INFORMATION <<<<<

58. Photographs, Pictures, and Videos That I Have Made (content and links):

59. Measurements That I Have Made (masses, lengths, blade gap, etc.):

60. Comments:

this list is extreeeeeeeeemely thorough...now i really understand what the phrase - "we're not splitting hairs here" means....because the task of cutting whiskers seems to be very serious business indeed !!!

Thanks, Mike! You've filled out variations of the survey several times now---THANKS!---and each time you do it, we figure out something new. You and Jim have been incredibly helpful. :001_smile

49. Aggressiveness (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely mild to 10 for extremely aggressive):

I'm assuming Grant, the above is asking how I personally use the razor at a given angle?

Well...YEAH. This is the same format used with the other effects that depend on angle. Should I add a statement at the top of the section about this? (I'm guessing so.)

You gave a few ranges to some metrics that you'd be forced in a Google-based survey to provide only single numbers. That's okay, right?

Otherwise, it's looking really good! Thanks for the check! :thumbup1:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
this list is extreeeeeeeeemely thorough...now i really understand what the phrase - "we're not splitting hairs here" means....because the task of cutting whiskers seems to be very serious business indeed !!!

sunset-over-water-allen-carroll.jpg

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Thanks, Mike! You've filled out variations of the survey several times now---THANKS!---and each time you do it, we figure out something new. You and Jim have been incredibly helpful. :001_smile

You're welcome Grant.

Well...YEAH. This is the same format used with the other effects that depend on angle. Should I add a statement at the top of the section about this? (I'm guessing so.)

I was a little confused because I first thought you were asking how aggressive I thought the razor was, not how aggressively I was using it. Which went completely against what I thought was now understood. Then my head exploded again lol.

but-im-feeling-much-better-now.jpg

You gave a few ranges to some metrics that you'd be forced in a Google-based survey to provide only single numbers. That's okay, right?

A range, if needed, is fine to me, yeah.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Just to clarity, the aggressiveness question is about the razor (and not the user's aggressiveness), right? That might need to be more clearly asked.

"How aggressive is this razor?" Plain, simple question.

I was a little confused because I first thought you were asking how aggressive I thought the razor was, not how aggressively I was using it. Which went completely against what I thought was now understood. Then my head exploded again lol.

I hear you, Mike. This needs clarification.

Just to clarity, the aggressiveness question is about the razor (and not the user's aggressiveness), right? That might need to be more clearly asked.

Right, Jim. This is the classic "aggressiveness" lingo, which is typically just referring to the razor, but actually depends on the razor in combination with the blade and how one is operating the razor. So, how about we change "Aggressiveness" to "Aggressiveness of Razor-Blade Combination as Operated by Me"?

I'd give a completely different answer to that question.

Mike, how would you answer it now?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Mike, how would you answer it now?

I imagined an old SNL skit with Roseanne Roseannadanna misunderstanding this. Going into an aggressive rant about what do you think this is about. Then hearing from offstage that it is about the razor.

Then the timid "Oh, nevermind" that always followed her rants.

There you go! Now that makes sense! :w00t:

I thought of a new metric that should complete the operation portion: Angle, Pressure, Speed...

Speed of Strokes (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely slow to 10 for extremely fast with 5 for average):
* Shallow-Angle Shaving ("Riding the Cap"):
* Neutral-Angle Shaving:
* Steep-Angle Shaving ("Riding the Guard"):

Good? How would you answer this, Mike?

This is the revised shaving area list that Jim and I have come up with:

* Double-Edge (DE) Safety Razors:
* Gem and Gem-Like Safety Razors:
* Injector Safety Razors:
* Artist Club (AC) Safety Razors:
* OneBlade Safety Razors:
* Traditional Straight Razors:
* Straight Razors with Replaceable Blades:
* Cartridge and Disposable Razors:
* Non-Cartridge Multi-Blade Razors:
* Electric Razors:

Are there any problems that you see? Can you think of a razor that fits in multiple areas or does not fit in any areas?

Here is the latest version of the proposed safety razor survey. Thanks again, Mike and Jim! The following changes were made:
  • Revised list of shaving experience areas
  • Added "Known or Suspected Differences from Original Condition", since these issues could account for some ratings
  • Added "Speed of Strokes" below "Pressure". Speed is another operation metric that can depend on angle.
  • Added "Grain Directions" and "Pass Numbers" for the user to describe how those things are associated with his/her shaving angles
  • For clarity, changed "Aggressiveness" to "Aggressiveness of Razor-Blade Combination as Operated by Me"
  • Split up "Operation and Effects" section into two sections and renamed them
  • Renamed "Results" to "Overall Results"
These are known issues that still remain unresolved:
  • Collecting basic information that is independent of user opinion, such as manufacturing location, price, materials, construction, etc. I might try adding this next time.
  • DE and SE safety razors work with the survey. It appears that non-cartridge multi-blade razors, e.g., the Leaf, will also work with the survey, as long as the user is okay using the adjustment settings text box to describe the setup. Cartridges could theoretically be included, but there are no blades to choose with the razor. Straights and shavettes could theoretically work if the survey is modified, but the modifications might be too extensive.
Question: Should the safety razor and handle condition sections be with respect to the believed "original condition", or should they be for the razor as is?

Thoughts?

>>>>> GENERAL SHAVING EXPERIENCE <<<<<

1. My experience with a wide variety and large number of razors and blades in the following areas (single number on a scale from 0 for no experience to 10 for being an expert):
* Electric Razors:

2. Overall rate and approximate or exact total amount of time that I have shaved in the following areas ([#] shaves per [day, week, month, or year] for a total of [#] years and [#] months and [#] weeks and [#] days):
* Electric Razors:

3. Approximate or exact number of different razors that I have used in the following areas:
* Electric Razors:

4. Approximate or exact number of different blades that I have used in the following areas:
* Electric Razors:

>>>>> SAFETY RAZOR AND BLADE SELECTION <<<<<

5. Safety Razor (or Head) Manufacturer and Model:

6. Adjustable Setting or Baseplate Option (If Applicable):

7. Handle Manufacturer and Model:
( ) Only stock handle for the razor
( ) One of the stock handles for the razor: [Type in Option]
( ) Not a stock handle for the razor: [Type in Manufacturer and Model]

8. Known or Suspected Differences from Original Condition (vintage razor has been worn by age and use, baseplate was chipped, texture on top of cap was polished and made shiny, etc.):

9. Overall rate and approximate or exact total amount of time that I have used the razor ([#] shaves per [day, week, month, or year] for a total of [#] years and [#] months and [#] weeks and [#] days):

10. Approximate or exact number of different blades that I have used with the razor:

11. Blade that works best with the razor for me and that goes with my ratings (or blades that work best with the razor and that seem identical in the razor to me):

>>>>> HAIR AND SKIN <<<<<

12. Areas of my body that go with my hair and skin ratings and my ratings for the selected combination of safety razor and blade:
[ ] Face (and front of neck)
[ ] Head (and back of neck)
[ ] Legs
[ ] Other

13. Overall Hair Toughness (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely weak to 10 for extremely tough):

14. Overall Hair Density (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely sparse to 10 for extremely dense):

15. Overall Hair Direction Complexity (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely simple to 10 for extremely complex):

16. Overall Hair Growth Rate/Speed (single number on a scale from 0 for slowest to 10 for fastest with 5 for average):

17. Overall Skin Toughness (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely weak to 10 for extremely tough):

18. Overall Skin Sensitivity (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely insensitive to 10 for extremely sensitive):

>>>>> HANDLE OVERVIEW AND CONSTRUCTION <<<<<

19. Overall Rating of Handle (single number on a scale from 0 for awful to 10 for phenomenal):

20. Value (single number on a scale from 0 for awful or a total rip-off to 10 for phenomenal for its price with 5 for appropriate for its price):

21. Fun and Coolness (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely boring and uncool to 10 for extremely fun and cool):

22. Materials (single number on a scale from 0 for least satisfied to 10 for most satisfied):

23. Surface Condition with Respect to Imperfections and Machining Marks (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely flawed surface to 10 for flawless/perfect surface):

24. Plating Condition (If Applicable) (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely flawed plating to 10 for flawless/perfect plating):

25. Weight (single number on a scale from 0 for least satisfied to 10 for most satisfied):

26. Length (single number on a scale from 0 for least satisfied to 10 for most satisfied):

27. Diameter (single number on a scale from 0 for least satisfied to 10 for most satisfied):

28. Shape (single number on a scale from 0 for least satisfied to 10 for most satisfied):

29. Grip (single number on a scale from 0 for worst to 10 for best):

>>>>> SAFETY RAZOR OVERVIEW AND CONSTRUCTION <<<<<

30. Overall Rating of Safety Razor (single number on a scale from 0 for awful to 10 for phenomenal):

31. Value (single number on a scale from 0 for awful or a total rip-off to 10 for phenomenal for its price with 5 for appropriate for its price):

32. Fun and Coolness (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely boring and uncool to 10 for extremely fun and cool):

33. Materials (single number on a scale from 0 for least satisfied to 10 for most satisfied):

34. Surface Condition with Respect to Imperfections and Machining Marks (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely flawed surface to 10 for flawless/perfect surface):

35. Plating Condition (If Applicable) (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely flawed plating to 10 for flawless/perfect plating):

36. Weight (single number on a scale from 0 for least satisfied to 10 for most satisfied):

37. Balance (single number on a scale from 0 for awfully balanced for me to 10 for perfectly balanced for me):

38. Direction of Imbalance (If Applicable):
( ) Top heavy (towards top of cap)
( ) Bottom heavy (towards bottom of handle)

39. Compatibility of Head with Non-Stock Handles (single number on a scale from 0 for only compatible with stock handle(s) to 10 for apparently compatible with all standard handles):

40. Precision and Fit of Pieces, Not Including Blades (single number on a scale from 0 for worst to 10 for best):

41. Fit of Blades (single number on a scale from 0 for no blades fit to 10 for all suitable blades fit):

42. Blade Alignment (single number on a scale from 0 for awful to 10 for perfect):

>>>>> CONTROL AND LEARNING CURVE <<<<<

43. Blade Rigidity (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely flexible to 10 for extremely rigid):

44. Ease of Maintaining Control (single number on a scale from 0 for most difficult to control to 10 for easiest to control):

45. Agility/Nimbleness (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely clumsy/awkward to 10 for extremely agile/nimble):

46. Head Comfort (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely uncomfortable to 10 for extremely comfortable):

47. Ease of Learning (single number on a scale from 0 for most difficult to learn to 10 for easiest to learn):

>>>>> OPERATION OF RAZOR-BLADE COMBINATION <<<<<

48. Angles:
[ ] I don't know the angles that I use with the razor [unchecked by default]
* Shallow-Angle Shaving ("Riding the Cap"): [#] % of shave [required if user knows angles]
* Neutral-Angle Shaving: [#] % of shave [required if user knows angles]
* Steep-Angle Shaving ("Riding the Guard"): [#] % of shave [required if user knows angles]

49. Pressure (single number on a scale from 0 for seemingly no pressure to 10 for extreme pressure):
* Neutral-Angle Shaving:

50. Speed of Strokes (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely slow to 10 for extremely fast with 5 for average):
* Neutral-Angle Shaving:

51. Grain Directions (WTG, XTG, and/or ATG):
* Neutral-Angle Shaving:

52. Pass Numbers (1, 2, and/or 3, etc.):
* Neutral-Angle Shaving:

>>>>> DETAILED EFFECTS <<<<<

53. Aggressiveness of Razor-Blade Combination as Operated by Me (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely mild to 10 for extremely aggressive):
* Neutral-Angle Shaving:

54. Efficiency of Cutting Hair (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely inefficient/ineffective to 10 for extremely efficient/effective):
* Neutral-Angle Shaving:

55. Gentleness to Skin (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely harsh/irritating to 10 for extremely gentle/comforting):
* Neutral-Angle Shaving:

56. Ability to Prevent Bites, Nicks, Cuts, and Weepers (single number on a scale from 0 for no ability to 10 for phenomenal ability):
* Neutral-Angle Shaving:

57. Blade Feel (single number on a scale from 0 for no blade feel to 10 for extreme blade feel):
* Neutral-Angle Shaving:

58. Audible and Vibrational Feedback (single number on a scale from 0 for no feedback to 10 for extreme feedback):
* Neutral-Angle Shaving:

>>>>> OVERALL RESULTS <<<<<

59. Closeness of Shave (single number on a scale from 0 for stubble everywhere to 10 for baby butt smooth (BBS)):

60. Comfort of Shave (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely uncomfortable to 10 for extremely comfortable):

61. Satisfaction with Shave (single number on a scale from 0 for least satisfied to 10 for most satisfied):

>>>>> OTHER INFORMATION <<<<<

62. Photographs, Pictures, and Videos That I Have Made (content and links):

63. Measurements That I Have Made (masses, lengths, blade gap, etc.):

64. Comments:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
"Question: Should the safety razor and handle condition sections be with respect to the believed "original condition", or should they be for the razor as is?"

I don't quite understand what you're asking here, Grant?

"2. Overall rate and approximate or exact total amount of time that I have shaved in the following areas"

Why not this instead...

Overall rate and approximate or exact total amount of time that I have shaved with the following razor?

"9. Overall rate and approximate or exact total amount of time that I have used the razor ([#] shaves per [day, week, month, or year] for a total of [#] years and [#] months and [#] weeks and [#] days):"

For questions like this one the user is supposed to fill in every one of the [x] boxes with a number, or are the supposed to say, "I've done 7 shaves per week for 30 days."

I still think it would be simpler with some questions, like this one, to simply ask how many times you've shaved with the razor? Still, in any case, how to answer the question, in the proper form of an answer, is an important thing to convey to the form filler, right?

"52. Pass Numbers (1, 2, and/or 3, etc.):
* Neutral-Angle Shaving:
* Steep-Angle Shaving ("Riding the Guard"):"

I find this question unclear even though I think I know what you're asking. Like I might say
S-A S (Cap): Pass 1
N-A S: Pass 3
S-A S (Guard): N/A

I know why the question is there and thus what it is asking for, but will everybody? That's the challenge, to make everything clear enough - to people who didn't design the test and don't maybe have a clue what some questions mean and/or are asking - they need to know enough so their answers make sense.

Also, if it's too challenging people might quit in the middle.

I might insert a few illustrations. One little one right before riding the guard, cap riding to show what that means. Mostly to break it up and make it visually more interesting.

One of the best things anybody ever told me about this place was this, "We love pictures."

We want and believe it in everybody's best interest to have the survey collect great and comprehensive information, but making the survey light in tone (as much as possible) and fun (as much as a survey can be) and as little like a school test as possible is too our advantage.

I think some of the questions are a bit too formal sounding. Yes, I know it can be very hard to be precise without being formal, but sometimes it's easy enough to just ask a simple direct question.

Still, it really is becoming quite an impressive instrument.

I would not expect the survey to be taken by folks reviewing razors which are not DE or SE. I don't know enough about the straights to even know what a survey would ask.

We don't want information from people using electric razors, right?

Just my 2 cents, Grant.

It looks very good overall, in spite of my comments which shouldn't be taken as criticism. You've designed a fine instrument. I didn't fine-tooth comb it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom