What's new

End of production for Polsilver Super Iridium DE blades

The irony is that 100 vintage Polsilver browns can be had for the same price as the current production model. Things are just out of hand right now.

Here you go guys.
I can tell one thing I am not going to buy those blades for this price anymore.
There are too many cheaper comfortable blades on the market.

Attachments

• 3875ABA0-553D-478B-848B-194F0C7A01DF.jpeg
    3875ABA0-553D-478B-848B-194F0C7A01DF.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 1771965B-5F6E-4E38-ADE0-59C31732573D.jpeg
    1771965B-5F6E-4E38-ADE0-59C31732573D.jpeg
    333.6 KB · Views: 84

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’ve been hearing this since I joined back in 2012. Frankly, some folks here need to chill out. Remember we are just talking about a razor blade being discontinued. 1 out of 100 to choose from. If it’s gone, it’s gone. If it’s not, it’s not. It’s just shaving! Keep that in mind. Be civil or be gone.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Here you go guys.
I can tell one thing I am not going to buy those blades for this price anymore.
There are too many cheaper comfortable blades on the market.

Thanks for posting it. I cant even type that into Google translate haha.

As explained elsewhere by Mischka (I think), "out of production" is not the same thing as "discontinued".

This may be the crucial part of this entire saga.

Firstly, I don't believe it's just a sales ploy by one or two vendors because even WCS and Maggard are now selling them at $36/100 and they don't buy from Polsilver-blades.com
They would buy enough quantity to have direct access to the distributor.
So why the huge price increase?

Whether it's discontinuation or "out of production"...there's definitely something to this!

Not that it impacts me on any way since I have 7,000 stocked up!!
I'll revisit this thread in the year 2120, when I'll need to restock.

This may be the crucial part of this entire saga.

Firstly, I don't believe it's just a sales ploy by one or two vendors because even WCS and Maggard are now selling them at $36/100 and they don't buy from Polsilver-blades.com
They would buy enough quantity to have direct access to the distributor.
So why the huge price increase?

Whether it's discontinuation or "out of production"...there's definitely something to this!

Not that it impacts me on any way since I have 7,000 stocked up!!
I'll revisit this thread in the year 2120, when I'll need to restock.

You answered your own question with your replies.

You answered your own question with your replies.

Nah, I purchased mine before this entire saga began.

After using 50+ blades, I was never completely satisfied until the Polsilver and I didn't wish to chance a discontinuation as the original super iridium had already been discontinued (I think around 2012).

I purchased mine in lots of 1 to 2 thousand from 2013 to 2016.

After using 50+ blades, I was never completely satisfied until the Polsilver and I didn't wish to chance a discontinuation as the original super iridium had already been discontinued (I think around 2012).

Smart move!

marty

Smart move!

marty

:) Cheers!

From the rest, most of them were unusable as they just weren't sharp enough or they were good and smooth from the first shave but couldn't give a long lasting BBS, nor did they last beyond 3 shaves.

I l find this difference very interesting. I'd just love to know insider technical info as to why the Polsilver has this characteristic.

Having used a few other names, I find nacets, platinums and 7oclock greens to be equally good.
So I wouldn't lose any sleep over pol silvers disappearing overnight.

Having used a few other names, I find nacets, platinums and 7oclock greens to be equally good.
So I wouldn't lose any sleep over pol silvers disappearing overnight.
Likewise, I don't lose much sleep about paying an additional half a cent to scent a shave for my favorite DE blade. If I were concerned about total cost per shave, I would not be using most of the products that I use. It's a hobby as much as grooming to me.

I only am irked that a small group of sellers have used their apparent market power to raise the price of these blades most likely without a corresponding increase in their expense. So why wouldn't everyone else follow?

Bob

That should do it!! Great blades!! :a29:

I cannot believe this thread is still going. I have a solution though! We can start a go fund me to fly one lucky B&B’er to St. Petersburg to meet with the plant manager and confirm or deny the rumors. There he will get photo evidence of the blades being stamped and a sworn affidavit will be signed by both himself, the plant manager and the head of P&G that production of Polsilvers continues. He will then upload said evidence to a secure server and directly email the evidence to all mods who will then disseminate it here. That will ensure the rumor will be put to rest...for a week. Until someone posts another thread about how despite all that, they now REALLY have been discontinued. On second thought, anyone want to move to St.Petersburg?

You all should try Timor blades now that Polsilver is getting closer in price. Timors are better and last longer.

I've used timors many times and they were dull and tuggy for me.
Nothing close to Polsilver for my usage. Then again, apart from feather/kai, Polsilver is the only blade I find sharp enough for a close, comfortable shave.

Unfortunately feather/kai are just too harsh for me to use regularly. No such issue with Polsilver.

I cannot believe this thread is still going. I have a solution though! We can start a go fund me to fly one lucky B&B’er to St. Petersburg to meet with the plant manager and confirm or deny the rumors. There he will get photo evidence of the blades being stamped and a sworn affidavit will be signed by both himself, the plant manager and the head of P&G that production of Polsilvers continues. He will then upload said evidence to a secure server and directly email the evidence to all mods who will then disseminate it here. That will ensure the rumor will be put to rest...for a week. Until someone posts another thread about how despite all that, they now REALLY have been discontinued. On second thought, anyone want to move to St.Petersburg?

What many don't realize is that resellers are surely following this thread while munching on beluga caviar & guzzling Mamont vodka bought with the huge profit markup. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom