What's new

Drink of the night

Tonight is race night, a BYOB short track. So it will be a cooler full of Miller Lites.

Juice box for my daughter who loves the races.

rtaylor61 said:
RVG,

I didn't know they sold that stuff at TJ Maxx!

Randy

Sorry Randy, I should clarify:

TJ's would actually be Trader Joe's, a grocery chain we have out here, I think its national as well; they might be in UT, too, but I'm not sure.

It would be cool if they sold liquor at TJ MAxx, though!

RVG

RVG,

In Utah, liquor and wine are sold ONLY at the State Liquor Store. I was just going for a little levity. Guess I missed!

Randy

full

YEAH! OH HELL YEAH!

this is the best i can do tonight :bored:

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfect Martinis
Double jigger Bombay Saphire Gin
Double jigger Stoly Vodka
Mini dash Noilly Prat Dry Vermouth
Shaken over six fresh ice cubes
Two almond-stuffed manzanilla olives
Ahem, after dealing with Corey's :a24:
and the poor souls whose failed to learn from their parents not to carry tales, it was a welcome relief...

Nothing for me tonight..... not even an SOTD! I am at my parents house for the weekend - and neither one of them have ever had an interest in booze. The best thing they have to offer is a 6 pack of Sierra Nevada Celebration brand - 2003 vintage :wink: I gave them a few years ago.

Cest la vie!

Tonight it was a very smooth, buttery, faintly smokey Frank Family Cab, and another Wet Woody.

-Nick

Had to replenish supplies at the liquor store today! :c9:
Other than all the old standards, two very nice new additions:
Ritz Escoffier de Paris Cocktail Onions
Johnny Walker Gold Scotch
So after sniffing the scotch, it was time for a Stoly Gibson with two Grand New Onions... The onions make the drink! So good, having a second one..

Sounds tasty Ron.

We're doing Mexican tonight, so it'll be several Margaritas, followed by.... several more!! :wink:

-Nick

Nick said:
Sounds tasty Ron.

We're doing Mexican tonight, so it'll be several Margaritas, followed by.... several more!! :wink:

-Nick
Hope your lime wedges are not as intoxicating as these French oniions... Whew. :07:

Well yesterday I replenished my stoly's but sadly I forgot to get more cranberry.........thankfully my son had some left over capri sun in the fridge from earlier.....hmmmmm mmmmmmm. I did my best to enjoy this with a Puros Indios cigar.

I just had my second Bombay Sapphire Martini with some 'Citrus Olives' which are olives that have been stuffed with various citrus peels (lemon and orange that I've been able to tell so far). Very tasty, and it'll probably be Manhattans next.

-Nick

Dbl Shot Ol' Grandad Bourbon
1/2 Shot Martini & Rossi Sweet Vermouth
Agnostura Bitters (Double Dash)
Two Long-stemmed Maraschino Cherries
over 4 freshly frozen ice cubes.. :a54:

Ron,

That's (almost) exactly what I'm sipping on now.

Instead of ole' grandad, I'm using Eagle Rare, a recommendation from Joel that is a fabulously inexpensive bourbon that is great for sipping neat, on the rocks, or in a manhattan.

My personal ratio is 3 shots of bourbon plus one splash, one shot of vermouth, and 2 dashes of bitters. I would've included a cherry if there were any left. :sad:

-Nick

Hi Nick,
What brand of sweet vermouth do you use? It would be a bit on the sweet side at that ratio for me unless the vermouth was a bit dryer than M&R..
It is odd, I've been mixing with Ol' Grandad for so long I am not sure that I could live with another taste. They reformulated 8 to 10 years ago and I thought I would go crazy until I learned that I could use the 86 proof instead of their lowest proof (was 80?) and it tasted much the same. I guess it is just that to which you have become accustomed. :a26:

Top Bottom