What's new

DR Harris Twenty Nine

Has anyone tried the DR Harris Twenty Nine cream yet? I just noted it recently on their website. Sounds interesting but havent see it anywhere but the dr website.

Not tried this one but the scent profile does not appeal to me. Nice to see some new offerings by DR Harris though, their creams are great.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Sounds interesting - one of my favorite scents is MdC's thyme, cinnamon, and clove bath soap. It's a very masculine warm scent and doesn't smell like it sounds!

Cheers, Steve

Looks promising. DRH makes excellent creams, ime, and I find the quality of their scents to be top-notch (I'm partial to the Marl., and Sandal creams, and Almond, and Sandal pucks). I'm averse to heavily dyed creams, so their Rose offering is out, but Twenty Nine (Rose Geranium) doesn't appear heavily coloured (if at all).

As an aside, I think a DRH Bay Rum lathering agent would be a worthy addition (I have their BR splash; it's splendid).

Thanks for the responses....i love the almond and the windsor so i have no doubt on the quality...but i think ill wait a little while longer for some reviews to pop up before trying the twenty nine

I just noticed that (supposedly, as per DRH) the scent is the same as that of their Almond Oil bath soap and Hand Wash; some time ago, I sniff-tested the soap, and owned the wash.

(If 29 is indeed the same,) I’d say the scent is quite pleasant, clean, rose-forward, subtly woodsy/spicy, “gentlemanly,” and “old school” — and well-blended. Decidedly more masculine than, say, DRH and Trumper’s rose (although I wouldn’t classify those as necessarily feminine either).

Got the 29 cream, the scent of which (as described above) I’d characterize as widely appealing.
Performance is excellent; up there with the best of them, IMO.

Thanks for the response! It is definitely still on my radar for the next time I need a cream. For now, I'm at my self imposed max (5 soaps/creams)!

Per website: D. R. Harris Twenty Nine Shaving Cream is a luxurious, traditional men's wet shaving product which gives the very best lather. Lightly fragranced with Twenty Nine, a distinctive blend of Rose Geranium, Cinnamon and Clove, this top quality and richly concentrated cream contains a high proportion of glycerine for an extra soothing and moisturising shave.

I love the scent, but only found it to be an average performer. I much prefer DR Harris soaps to their creams.

Top Bottom