What's new

Does Proraso white cream have menthol?

There's no menthol on the ingredient list. However in my travels on this forum and abroad I have seen many remark that there is a hint of cooling menthol. Surely this wouldn't be the case if it's not mentioned on the ingredient list? I loathe menthol, but want to try the proraso white. Any insight fellas?

The old versions did have it. I believe the new version now omits it, at least I didn't feel any menthol when I used it. I would 100% pass on proraso sensitive if you actually have sensitive skin. Its one of the only products I've ever actually reacted to and gotten blotchiness etc from it. In fact, from my discussions here on B&B, most people only react to the white cream in the proraso line-up and find the others fine to use. The scent (for me) was one of the worst I've used too.

Love the white. It’s one of the soaps that really feel like it’s actively nourishing my skin and avoiding any type of irritation.

Not that the green and red are the opposite, but the white does it better.

Palmolive gave me a bad skin reaction and it’s a well reviewed cream.

The only way to know is to try it for yourself.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Performance-wise the Blue is probably the best of all colours. Scent-wise the Ever-Green remains my favourite. Both Blue and Green have a permanent spot in my den. :thumbup:

The old versions did have it. I believe the new version now omits it, at least I didn't feel any menthol when I used it. I would 100% pass on proraso sensitive if you actually have sensitive skin. Its one of the only products I've ever actually reacted to and gotten blotchiness etc from it. In fact, from my discussions here on B&B, most people only react to the white cream in the proraso line-up and find the others fine to use. The scent (for me) was one of the worst I've used too.
This 100%. My tub of the soap did have menthol from 20 years ago. It was never a lot compared to the green one, but it was there. I haven't bought any in years, but have read that the new stuff doesn't contain it.

Proraso Blue has a weird medicine like smell to my nose that I don't like at all. :mad5:
The Proraso RED Sandalwood is the best IMO.
Agreed. Proraso white is both the worst performer and smells like synthetic mulch and grass clippings (to me). Blue smells like paint remover despite having the best performance. Red has a pleasant sandalwood scent with slightly worse performance than blue. Green is ok performance wise but nothing to write home about but I love the scent. TBH, none of the prorasos are amazing performers but still...

White does not have menthol in it's ingredient list. I find it light, refreshing, and has a pleasing scent. It is what I reach for if I had a rough shave the day before.
To echo others, the Blue is an exceptional product, but does have small amount of menthol in it's formula.

Top Bottom