What's new

Custom Attempt #2, 8/8 in G10

Well here is #2, I think this one went a little better. Still needs improvement, which I would expect.
Still did a good bit of eye-balling, the spine and tapering...
Still a long way at go to clean up my grinding ability but overall pleased with the small improvements over #1
Black G10 scales with yellow/gold wedge, silver pins and domed washer.

Another classy looking razor. I really like what you're doing. Simple and functional designs that look great. :thumbup:

I like it.

Do you have a background in knife making or anything? This is insane for razor #2!!

No, no knife making or anything. Decided I wanted to try and make a razor a little over a month ago,
So I marked out some shapes, built a grinder and just went from there.
I hope to see a little improvement with each one. Razors 3,4 & 5 are in the roughing out stage.

To the others,
Thanks for the kind words. It's not easy to transfer what in your head to a piece of metal (even a simple razor like 1 & 2), but I think it came out well.

I've shaved with it twice, she shaved good but it's a beast. I tend to shave with 5/8 & 6/8 so it's taken a few passes to get use to it.

This is very interesting. Do you have a photo of your grinder set-up?
In his other thread he posted his home-made rig.
Quite impressive on it's own :yesnod:

As for this razor it shows serious under-laying talent.
This one look really good on it's own but also sort of shows that with more experience you can do some really impressive work!

Keep us updated please!

Top Bottom