What's new

Competition to the $142.50 Fatboy?

Ebay has listed a Schick dial injector with case that is currently at $103.50 with over 3 days to go! I bought this group on Ebay last week for $38.77 (total price including shipping) and wonder if Schick used the red case shown in the present auction for the dial injector?

Last edited:
Ebay has listed a Schick dial injector with case that is currently at $103.50 with over 3 days to go!

Ah, but the seller says that it "appears" to be unused, and notes that you can save money in the long run by using injector blades. :w00t:

Started at $9.99, though. Didn't have to get this crazy.

It looks like, of the 36 bids so far, 24 were made by the same person. These people who creep up a few dollars at a time are really irritating. Just decide what you are willing to pay, and put in one bid as near to the end of the auction as possible. :a7:

Last edited:
I don't understand the thought process (or lack thereof) behind some eBay bidding. This weekend, SWMBO sold a set of plastic toy dogs (101 to be exact) for 26 times the opening bid! Even better, there were three other like items ending within a two-hour span that appeared to be in better condition and hers ended up having the highest selling price. (One of them sold for less than $20!)

The same thing happened as what is happening with this Schick - one bidder kept going just high enough to knock the others off . . . it was quite a (urinating) contest between the bidders!

The silliness continues with this. It's fascinating, if you like seeing people make fools of themselves. The price has now reached $153.50 on 47 bids, with two would be buyers having a battle of the minimum increments.

Admittedly, I'm no authority on value. Yes, yes, supply and demand, but it's not always clear to a newbie what is in short supply and what is in great demand. I've seen people exulting on this forum because they paid more than this for some other razor, and considered it a bargain.

Still, over $150 for an injector which might be in mint condition, in a case which is "near new". This really is nuts, right? I wonder how long after the auction it will be before the "winner" comes to this realization.

I tried the injector shown in my picture yesterday and have a new name for it.....Beard Bouncer! Seemed to slide over the wiskers, had to finish with my Merkur Progress. Of course, the eventual winner will probably keep it in "near new" condition and add it to their collection with $350.00 Fatboys....:001_huh:

The Schick injector auction just ended at $ 177.50 and that doesn't include shipping!!!! A new era of overpriced razors beginning?:crying:

Top Bottom