What's new

Coffee vs. Tea

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I recall first hearing the facts about martinis (something I do enjoy from time to time.) It's a take on a James Thurber quote.

One is just right, two is too many, and three is not enough.
A large whiskey makes me feel like a new man. The problem is that the new man immediately calls for two more large whiskies with a pint of beer to wash it all down.

Anywhere but home, I drink coffee.
At home I drink Yerba Mate, which is something like tea.

Cruz_de_Malta_Yerba_Mate_with_Stems_500g.png

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I started drinking Earl grey tea at 6:30am and then a regular caffeinated coffee at around 10am and then a gourmet decafe coffee at noon and then a another earl grey tea mid day and gourmet decafe coffee after supper and that is it. 5-6 cups a day. The Earl grey is a weaker version to start the day, 1 tea bag in the corning old style pot 1/3 full or 1 1/2 cups. My doctor told me stay with the tea as much as possible with my surgery's I had. A good gourmet decafe coffee is just as rich a taste as regular coffee IMO.

Tea for me. Had rooibos this morning, other mornings I have a citron/honey/ginger mixture. Also enjoy Earl Grey. Rarely drink coffee unless I just can't get my a** moving.

My pattern is primary hot coffee drinker, primary iced tea drinker, secondary tea drinker, secondary iced coffee drinker. No booze, and anything fizzy I prefer plain seltzer. If I've got a cold and am badly congested, I will stay away from any coffee and drink tea only.

I have a big pot of tea each morning. I may have another pot sometime around midday. Nothing fancy, just Barrys or PG Tips or Yorkshire.

I'll have coffee on occasion. I used to drink coffee all day, but at some point even 2 cups of coffee made me jittery and interfered with my sleep. For some reason tea has neither of these effects.

I like to drink alcohol in order to get ridiculously intoxicated. But that usually doesn't end well, and I have little interest in having one or two drinks. As a result, I go years, sometimes decades between drinks.
Were you by any chance a smoker at one time, and did the coffee jitters come up after quitting smoking? I ask merely because of a friend's research into smoking and caffeine.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Were you by any chance a smoker at one time, and did the coffee jitters come up after quitting smoking? I ask merely because of a friend's research into smoking and caffeine.
I quit smoking at age 30 in 1986, but the coffee jitters only appeared in the last 10-12 years. Anxiety is the most accurate word, I think. An unnamed fear of God knows what.

Decaf coffee until noon and decaf tea thereafter. On occasion, I’ll make an ice coffee and dump in an HMR Weight loss vanilla shake to make French vanilla coffee. It’s one of my favorite evening drinks. The best part is it’s only 170 calories and substitutes for evening snacking.

I prefer tea, in particular oolong (specifically, high mountain oolong from Taiwan). I even brought tea with me to college to help me stay up to study.

I do also like coffee, but as I get older, I find that I have more difficulty with coffee's acidity. When I make coffee now, I make cold brew.

High Mountain Taiwanese Oolong is one delicious tea variety. I just had some last night that came as a sample with my order. Wow. Just. Wow.

M

mtcn77

If I drink 1.coffee>2.tea, coffee acts in long half life and tea in short half life.
If I need a real kick, I drink strong tea, you can only stomach it when sweetened. I honestly think people would cure asthma drinking tea the way I do, but its therapeutic window is so smol... 0.75 is the active level, 1 is overdose threshold. I omitted units because of the hazard, but it gets you going.

How many of you primary coffee drinkers also drink tea? How many of you primary tea drinkers also drink coffee? I'm a tea-totaler, but drink coffee on rare occasions. For purposes of full disclosure I don't drink anything that's carbonated and don't drink alcohol.
I have never liked coffee. When I studied abroad (France), everybody always had coffee after their meals (except me because...yuck). One time, at the restaurant, the waitress asked me if I wanted tea instead. I said yes, and I got used to drinking it, and I still do. The only coffee I could drink was a cup (well, a few sips) of coffee my brother roasted. That's his hobby. He's always loved coffee, and since he's retired, he bought a roaster and has fun.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Coffee for me. Around four to five mugs per day. The only time that I have tea is when I am sick or feeling off. Then a good cup of sweet tea does wonders for me.

Coffee for me.
I like a strong dark roast either black or with milk a added. I’m not a big tea drinker though I do enjoy it at times. Earl Grey and English breakfast tea are among my favorites.

I over-ordered tea during the pandemic. If any of you gentlemen would like to sample some good
tea leaves, let me know by PM and I send you some. Due to cost, I can only afford to send to U.S. addresses.

Love both but for me, each has its own time. Love my coffee in the morning. Tea for breakfast... just not for me. Tea in the afternoon, well that’s a different story. A good quality black tea with some biscuits in the afternoon... life is good.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Tea is the default beverage for me. I drink it with milk and sugar, and don't faff around with the elite teas that are supposed to be consumed without them. I will occasionally have a herbal "tea" with honey though.

Coffee is not something I drink everyday, and rarely more than two cups in a day. I usually have both instant and ground coffee in the house, and again I use milk and sugar. I might have in the region of five cups per week, whereas I'll frequently drink more than five cups of tea per day.

Loves:
Ice cold unsweetened black tea
Hot Chai or Chai Latte
Cafe au Lait - must contain Chicory

Top Bottom