What's new

Cell phone shots

Well, I finally got a smart phone, dropped my old flip phone one time too many. I got a ZTE Majesty Pro, I'm pretty impressed for a $30 no contract phone.
IMG_20170709_161113[1].jpg

and it plays video games too. :tongue_sm

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Hi Mobile Users:
Question...would I be able to take any pics using my Iphone 5 (from where I'm at in DeRidder, LA...I'll take above 50% visibility
any day)
proxy.php

proxy.php
"It's only during an eclipse that the [...] Moon has a place in the sun". Popular Eclipse Proverb”

Hi Mobile Users:
Question...would I be able to take any pics using my Iphone 5 (from where I'm at in DeRidder, LA...I'll take above 50% visibility
any day)
proxy.php

proxy.php
"It's only during an eclipse that the [...] Moon has a place in the sun". Popular Eclipse Proverb”

Hello Christopher,

During a solar eclipse you definitely need the protection of a solar filter for your eyes and in some cases the camera itself. There may be such a device for smart phones but I'm not sure.

I'm hoping to be able to get that day off work and that the weather will cooperate!

Last night's walk the heavens opened up again and no chance to pull out a camera, we were absolutely soaked through but tonight was okay.

file-6.jpeg
file1-4.jpeg

dave

Great Shot, I really like the multiple images of the white truck!

Thanks Troy and Lane!

The truck... the camera, i use the ProCamera + HDR app and had it set to take an HDR image, High Dynamic Range. I think this one's set up to take three different exposures, highlites, shadows and (?), it then combines them to various degrees and you choose the versions you'd like to save. Handheld photo but the truck was moving across the field of view so that was the only evidence, well the only evidence i've noticed, of the multiple exposures at the different settings.

The garbage can was an HDR exposure as well which helped give the over saturated effect i was looking for.

HDR is also present in the native ipod camera but ProCamera overall puts so much more control and options at your disposal.
dave

Last edited:
This Dragonfly was in the back yard yesterday. I almost grabbed the real camera, but decided to see what the phone could do. First pic is straight off the phone second is after a little enhancement.
IMG_20170715_104111.jpg
IMG_20170715_104111.jpg

Nice dragonfly Troy! They never stop here long enough here to be able to get a photo, blow right through.

dave

Nice dragonfly Troy! They never stop here long enough here to be able to get a photo, blow right through.

dave
Thanks Dave! Dragonflies seem to hold fairly still for me as long as I approach slowly. Some just fly away, but some seem like they're as interested in me as I am in them. There's no zoom or crop on the pic, the camera was literally inches away from him. I just start farther back and slowly get closer. I,ve been able to get nice of a few of them. One even crawled on my finger and stayed there While I walked into the house to show my wife and back out again. Here's a pic of him on my finger From the photo of the day thread.
Great pics, guys!

This little guy came to visit while I was working on my wife's van. He really wanted to hang around, but I needed to get things done. So I took a few shots and moved him to the bushes.
View attachment 799124
View attachment 799126 View attachment 799129 View attachment 799130

I needed to read this motor tag at work today. I was able to get a pic through the vent, without disassembling the fan. I thought it made for kind of an interesting pic.
IMG_20170719_083903.jpg

Top Bottom