What's new

Cell phone shots

Golf, this Monday, in Gunma-ken, Japan, on a Jack Nicklaus-designed course. The highest peak you can see in the distance is Mt. Asama, an active volcano, which is usually steaming away. Not terribly dangerous, but you never know! My tee shot landed down there just to the right of the further bunker :)View attachment 793359

Nice, and very expansive view!

I lived in southern Japan in the 80's (Iwakuni) and the landscape and scenery is spectacular. I didn't do justice to it photographically at the time.

Thanks Lane!

Not hard, you spend a fair amount of time just sitting and staring figuring out how to put what you have together to reach the goal. Tough was trying to find a brass thumb nut available to me, fail so then it comes down to what have i around here i can hack into a replacement.

All a fun little puzzle to sort through!

dave

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
A beautiful sunset in DeRidder yesterday (taken w/ my IPhone6), ...my favorite time of the day! :thumbsup:

Sunset.JPG

proxy.php
"There's something [joyful] abut the sun going down. You find yourself trying to catch it, trying to hold the colors and the mood in your mind...". Daniel Carney

Whale shark at the Georgia Aquarium. Not great quality, but I love the contrast and the size perspective.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Lane!

Getting the ipod and a couple apps and i felt/feel like a kid all over again opening a big new box of Crayolas! It's a blast.

And great shark photo TheVez2, like Lane said, just wouldn't be the same without the other photographer!

dave

Thanks guys! I liked this one a little better, since kids were in the shot, but the shark wasn't as identifiable from the bottom.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
This morning, the Mrs. and I were sitting out on the front porch enjoying the day and watching our one basic feeder (Cole's Hummer High Rise Feeder), which was at first situated in the front yard, in the shade and attached to one of our live-oaks, but now we moved the feeder to under our awing in front of one of our bedrooms.

We both love watching these 'fascinating' birds...too bad I no longer have my 35mm and the pics below do not give any justice for these magnificent 'Hummers'!
Our visitors comes back for 're-fills' about every hour (pic taken with my Iphone 6).
proxy.php

hummer-jpg.796002

hummer-1-jpg.796003

"If you feed them...they will come"! Hummingbird Proverb

proxy.php
"The hummingbird competes with the stillness of the air". Chogyam Trungpa

This morning, the Mrs. and I were sitting out on the front porch enjoying the day and watching our one basic feeder (Cole's Hummer High Rise Feeder), which was at first situated in the front yard, in the shade and attached to one of our live-oaks, but now we moved the feeder to under our awing in front of one of our bedrooms.

We both love watching these 'fascinating' birds...too bad I no longer have my 35mm and the pics below do not give any justice for these magnificent 'Hummers'!
Our visitors comes back for 're-fills' about every hour (pic taken with my Iphone 6).
proxy.php

hummer-jpg.796002

hummer-1-jpg.796003

"If you feed them...they will come"! Hummingbird Proverb

proxy.php
"The hummingbird competes with the stillness of the air". Chogyam Trungpa

Great vantage point Christopher!

I don't have a feeder here but I should set one up. On several occasions I've had humming birds "inspect me"...literally fly within several feet of my face while I was outside and hover there momentarily as if to ask, "What is this thing!". Of course never having a camera or time to react...:(

Top Bottom