What's new

Calling all Boston locals & etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be a bit late. I figure I'll be there around 12:30ish. If you guys go somewhere else, call me at 413-563-2848.

That was fun. Four of us showed up. I did find that last store after a while, but y'all had already left.

I've taken pictures of the antiques I bought, and may post a new thread about them later.

We had a great 1st time meet up in Boston/Cambridge Saturday -- Colonial Drug shared a huge bag of samples & some new items as well. The Colonial proprietor not only knew we were going to be meeting at her place, but was ready with these well-stocked sample bags. She claims they are going to be releasing their new website by the summer -- offering ecommerce with online credit card processing, but meanwhile the Colonial shopping experience still includes "buy now -- pay later!".

The antique store in Waltham that David had discovered -- Felton's -- was a particularly bountiful place with a number of classics including a FatBoy, several ball-end Techs, some SEs, and an almost new Rolls. Pretty amazing collection in good shape at decent prices.

Next meetup late summer with a meal at Redbones. Stay tuned...

Maybe Stoddards will have more stuff in stock by then. :-D

Re Redbones, it was 16 years or so from my first time there 'til my time there last month or so. I'm afraid I'm not due until 2026, so I can't go back yet. :-> Dang, now I'm craving cornbread.

Last edited:
I must have missed you guys by a few minutes - I was there by happenstance at Colonial drug. What a selection of brushes and soaps!

Hope, the lady that runs Downstairs at Felton Antiques, is a terrific lady and has been selling me razors and slide rules and other treasures for a few years. My loyalty to that shop is even stronger than keeping the good deals to myself. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom