What's new

Bubble mailer vs Box to mail razors

Maybe not though. They may just be in northeastern Louisiana. Try looking for a local party or paper good supply store, instead.

I found that toothbrush holders work perfectly if you want to ship a straight in a bubble mailer.

They are incredibly hard plastic and only about a buck at walmart.

I found that toothbrush holders work perfectly if you want to ship a straight in a bubble mailer.

They are incredibly hard plastic and only about a buck at walmart.

That would work fine, although the price of the toothbrush holder is going to push the total shipping price toward the cost of box and bubble-wrap. Otherwise, a straight should NOT be mailed in padded envelopes. Bubble wrap is lousy protection for scales, which break easily.

I think mailing boxes are free at the USPS (they used to be when I sold a lot of stuff on E-Bay). I vote for box with plenty of padding.....

My HUGE pet peeve is folks who mail DE razors with a blade in them.......ugh.

I think mailing boxes are free at the USPS (they used to be when I sold a lot of stuff on E-Bay). I vote for box with plenty of padding.....

My HUGE pet peeve is folks who mail DE razors with a blade in them.......ugh.

Only if used for their purpose as Priority Mail packages. Use as any other mail class is prohibited.

I guess I cannot complain... this is a box :lol::lol:
proxy.php

albeit a grahm cracker box taped shut and mailed.

personally, i tend to use a 3 layer system. the first layer is a sealed plastic bag to keep out moisture. this gets put into a bubble bag and rolled up and sealed. then the whole thing goes into a padded mylar water-resistant mailer. i've never had any problems to date shipping things this way, even internationally.

the only time i use a box is when there is a plastic/styrene case involved or the razor is fragile/valuable.

just my opinion

Nice method. I guess I have been lucky but I have never suffered any damage from razors shipped in bubbled envelope or in a box.

I've seen many people turn those priority boxes inside out though. Quite dubious >_>

I've always wondered why some of my mail arrived in inside out boxes.

And I tend to just recycle the boxes my various packages arrive in, envelopes or flimsy boxes get thrown out but I keep any packing materials and the stronger looking boxes,its saved me a lot of money on packing materials. When I do have to buy I tend to only use padded enveopes for 3 piece razors with a lot of bubble wrap added for a one piece or a straight I'd buy a new box. Smaller items like blade dispensors (I've never posted individual blades Australia Post would refuse it) I have no problem wrapping up and putting in an envelope.

My main annoyance is that I use 2 seperate post offices, one near home and one near work. The one near work actually brings up the rules on the computer before judging if something is okay to send (and it always is) but the one near home just invents regulations to get out of doing things they don't want to do. I had a nightmare time mailing a straight to Norway they claimed it was okay to post knives and blades domestically but not internationally. When I pointed out that I'd posted them before at the same post office they said that was an error on their behalf that should not have occured and that they would not acccept any more packages of that nature.

The new Small Flat Rate Priority Mail boxes are the perfect size for razors. They're 5-3/8" x 8-5/8" x 1-5/8", just right for most situations. Being flat rate is great too, you always know what it's going to cost to ship.

Eric

Small Flat Rate Box

The new Small Flat Rate Priority Mail boxes are the perfect size for razors. They're 5-3/8" x 8-5/8" x 1-5/8", just right for most situations. Being flat rate is great too, you always know what it's going to cost to ship.

Eric

Small Flat Rate Box

I do all my shipping of razors in boxes best fitted to what is being shipped. I buy my boxes in bulk from a local box company. My normal sizes are one of the following.

4X4X4 <--- works well with most three piece
5X5X5 <--- bought by accident, but liked the size
6X4X4 <--- the best overall
6X6X4 <--- good for cases
6X6X6 <--- good for multiple razors.

They are a lot more careful if you insure and it also saves on shipping, handling, packing/packaging. Make sure you insure for at least $50.

Richard

You're just asking for trouble shipping in anything other than a box, and then making sure the item inside is also well protected. I received a supposedly mint razor some time ago from a reputable seller, who shipped it in a non-bubble mailer, of all things. The razor came bent. Now, I can understand trying to save a few bucks here and there when you're selling and shipping in bulk, but really, that was inexcusable, and I blame the seller as much as the shipper. I also blame myself for not asking or specifying I wanted the razor shipped well protected. But some things you just take for granted, and I got burned. He'll not see my business again.

Sometimes I wrap a Priority Mail box with a brown paper bag, if I'm send the package First Class or Parcel Post. I use the small Priority Mail box. It saves me from having to turn the box inside out.

To mail First Class the weight has to be 13 ounces or less. Priority is for over 13 ounces and the price is higher. An option to the box/bag choice is to wrap the razor in bubble, put it in a free Priority Media mail box. Then put the box in a bubble bag for First Class but it has to meet the weight limit or below. It will be well cushioned and hopefully avoid damage.
Sue

I have shipped over 200 razors and all of them have weighed less than the 13 ounces. All but one was shipped individually wrapped in bubble wrap and boxed in an appropriately sized box filled with packing peanuts. I know the cost involved in shipping this way runs at least four to five times more than other methods, but I hate to take a chance. The one that I did send without a box was a PIF Tech that I disassembled and bubble wrapped the individual pieces and then placed them in a bubble envelop and still identified it as fragile.

Plastic baggie, bubble wrap and a box. I save all the boxes I get razors in and also cut boxes to fit. I, too, cringe when I see one coming in a bubble envelope, or worse, a plain evelope, which I have recieved.

I always sent razors with attached heads (TTOs) by box.
But I've never had a problem sending 3 piece razors by padded mailer.
I always pre wrap the items before I put them in the mailer and I always tape the flap on the mailer.
I've never gotten a notice from a buyer concerning damaged packaging.

I usually use a box, I just keep all the old boxes, peanuts and bubble wrap in the attic.

I have received razors in padded mailers but the sellers had them very well wrapped and so far not had any damaged, I would worry about international shipment of a razor in a padded mailer. Domestically not quite so much.

Razor in Bubble wrap in a box works quite well. I agree that better safe then sorry is appropriate in these cases.

Top Bottom