What's new

Bubble mailer vs Box to mail razors

If you are going to do a "Mythbusters"-style test the razor has to end up strapped to dynamite. :biggrin:
That is something I didn't think about.. good point! Think I will do a "mythbuster" type experiment tomorrow.. (don't take that wrong.. not doubting you, just curious)
Wayne

Do you think the seller should pass along the price of shipping a box if the buyer requests it? Just curious by the way, I have no stake in this (right now).

Passing on the cost of the box is a conversation that is entirely between the buyer and the seller and there is no one answer to which way it should go. If the seller has to spend dollars for packaging that they don't have on hand then they should factor that into their asking price. USPS Priority boxes are free and a razor is only going to cost $4.60 even if its packaged in a box.

I have shipped dozens of razors to many people on this site and everyone I have ever sent or will ever send is wrapped in bubble wrap, then placed in a 4X4X4 or a 4X4X6 or a 4X6X6 box filled with packing peanuts. The extra cost of shipping materials makes me feel secure the buyer will receive his or her razor in the exact condition it was sent.

My two cents, anyway. :cool:

Ya know, this is a great point. I bought an adjustable from a seemingly good seller here - one who got a lot of good comments from other members. It came in an envelope, and the adjustments don't work at all.

Of course its an open question whether the razor left its destination in bad shape, or was damaged on arrival. I prefer to think it was a good seller and a damaged shipment. But maybe that's just my hope in the decency of man. :)

Take care,
Jack

I have shipped dozens of razors to many people on this site and everyone I have ever sent or will ever send is wrapped in bubble wrap, then placed in a 4X4X4 or a 4X4X6 or a 4X6X6 box filled with packing peanuts. The extra cost of shipping materials makes me feel secure the buyer will receive his or her razor in the exact condition it was sent.1
QUOTE]

+1
We know their value and we know they can be damaged so why not make sure they have every possible chance of reaching their destination in good shape?

I only ship in boxes with bubble wrap inside. The cost of 25 5" cubed boxes is about $5. Why take a chance with a beautiful piece?

I only ship in boxes with bubble wrap inside. The cost of 25 5" cubed boxes is about $5. Why take a chance with a beautiful piece?

I would greatly appreciate it if you could share your source. I pay about $1 each at walmart. Fortunately I seem to have a steady stream of second hand boxes coming in lately. :lol:

I ship all one piece razors now in boxes, three piece razors I typically disassemble, wrap generously in bubble wrap, and then a bubble mailer.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could share your source. I pay about $1 each at walmart. Fortunately I seem to have a steady stream of second hand boxes coming in lately. :lol:

I ship all one piece razors now in boxes, three piece razors I typically disassemble, wrap generously in bubble wrap, and then a bubble mailer.
Same here.. I'm willing to go the extra mile for my friends on the B&B.. would love to find how to do so most economically..

Wayne

I get my boxes from Paper Shack for about half the price of Wal-Mart. Athough, I have run out on a Sunday and had to do the Wal-Mart solution. It's the packing peanuts and bubble wrap which really take the toll, though.

I ship razors and cases in a box and singles triple bubble wrapped, completely wrapped with box tape in a bubble pack mailer. As some of you know I have mailed dozens upon dozens this way all around the world and not once has there ever been a problem. Of course I would always refund money with out question but again, I have never had a problem.

Heck, I have had boxes with peanuts come in flattend and crushed damaging the content so it happens no matter what you do.

Same here.. I'm willing to go the extra mile for my friends on the B&B.. would love to find how to do so most economically..

Wayne

Will be glad to. Must get home from the weekend and will follow through.

For those who don't have easy access to reuseable boxes, try a $.50 soap dish container. I have used these to mail razors across the globe with no problems. I pack the razor, surrounded by cotton balls, inside the soap container. Wrap the soap container in a little extra bubble wrap, then place inside the bubble mailer.You get the protection of box with the "lower" cost of a padded envelope. Plus, for those with mail slots in their doors, the postal carrier can deposit the razor with the rest of the mail - else you have to pick it up at the post office. Like everything, ymmv, but it has worked well for me.

BJ

I have used cardboard tubes, the kind you put posters in, for shipping razors and that has worked well for me. Just make sure the tube is sturdy enough that it won't squash easily, and wrap the razor in bubblewrap so it won't rattle about (and also for extra protection) before stuffing it in the tube.

In any event, no amount of packaging will save a razor from a sufficiently heavy object (like a truck driving over it), unless you package it in a safe, and then shipping would be a bit steep I think... :lol:

/Nicholas

From someone who lives out in the boonies, bubble wrap and a box is more than enough for razors, considering the the extra time in transit!

Too bad shipping kills that deal. Still not a bad deal, but adding $14 shipping to a $5 purchase is a deal breaker for me.

Of course, it depends how many you order, as the shipping cost goes down with volume. The total cost was still worth it to me.

Too bad shipping kills that deal. Still not a bad deal, but adding $14 shipping to a $5 purchase is a deal breaker for me.

Check out Paper Shack, Rodd. The smaller boxes run .59 and the 6X6X4 ones are .69 a piece. You only have to deal with tax that way and no shipping.

Check out Paper Shack, Rodd. The smaller boxes run .59 and the 6X6X4 ones are .69 a piece. You only have to deal with tax that way and no shipping.

googled it and found a couple party stores, but I am sure we don't have one in my area. Is it a national chain that I might find it in a big city?

Top Bottom