What's new

BOOKMATCHED Burl Scales PIF!

Hammertime!

I'm ready to line everything up and hammer it together with my delicate tools. :thumbup::lol:

$_MG_0026.jpg

I'm hoping to get to mine this weekend. Father-in-law was out of town yesterday, and I have physical therapy again today.

I am out of town and then playing catch up next week. I hope to start after that, though it will be a slow process since it will be my first attempt and the blanks are much too beautiful to act hastily. I should be able to spend a day at my dads in his flute shop (he makes Native American flutes as a hobby) which will give me access to better tools. Also, I purchased Bill Ellis' restoration CD and it arrived in the mail the day before I left. I heard it will provide excellent information.

Okay, I finally clipped the blade off the pin tonight and started a little work on it. Here is what I was starting with. (Sorry for the crappy pics...)

$DSC_0012.jpg
$DSC_0013.jpg
$DSC_0014.jpg

Live and learn. If you knew how many razors I've cracked, scales I've broken.....
You will never create anything without an error or two.

I did one other like this, and my spacing was off a little, but my grinds looked good. This one I got my spacing better, but screwed up my grinds.... maybe the next one... :laugh:

Top Bottom