What's new

Big Fellow BIN

This Big Fellow is BIN'd for $275.00. Is this a fair price for one of these. Even with a cracked handle, and a head that is no longer attached? By our standards, it could not be called excellent, could it?

The head will be attached once you screw it back together. It's not like one of those ball end old types where the threads go into that little piece just to fall off. The threads go into the bottom piece and that'll hold it all together.

I have no idea what the gold sets in that case go for. I've seen some silver plated ones in the old wooden cases go for something like 130-150 lately. Crazy high for my tastes, but people seem to really want them.

The head will be attached once you screw it back together. It's not like one of those ball end old types where the threads go into that little piece just to fall off. The threads go into the bottom piece and that'll hold it all together.

I have no idea what the gold sets in that case go for. I've seen some silver plated ones in the old wooden cases go for something like 130-150 lately. Crazy high for my tastes, but people seem to really want them.

I understand that the screw down will hold it together, and it is still usable, I'm just thinking it's a rare razor yes, but high for the condition. It is cosmetically good, but mechanically not so much. Plus, the handle is cracked. That's like trying to sell a SD455 firebird with a cracked block and thinking it should get cherry prices.

I understand that the screw down will hold it together, and it is still usable, I'm just thinking it's a rare razor yes, but high for the condition. It is cosmetically good, but mechanically not so much. Plus, the handle is cracked. That's like trying to sell a SD455 firebird with a cracked block and thinking it should get cherry prices.

The fourth pictures appears to show a crack in the handle. This is not mentioned in the text anywhere :thumbdown It is possible that someone will be up for dissapoinment if they purchase it.

You are right, I missed it!
He woudl have done better if he held it in an open auction.

I think so too. It went unsold the last time he listed it as BIN. He's lowered the price by $14. With the frenzy that auctions are generating lately, I could really see it getting pushed up past what he's asking.

:w00t: Man those were cool (and fast!). I think I'm "a bit" older than you. In high school a friend had one nearly new, O.M.G. what a car!

Not sure I'd use the cracked block analogy... more like some really bad rust holes (I know, you're from Texas, and thinking rust holes? :blink:).

I wouldn't pay that price for this razor. And 3/4 inch is a good sized crack. Without that, I think the price is high but maybe reachable. But hey, he may sell it for this. Who am I to set a price for his razor.

For a comparison, here's one from near the beginning of my RAD. If RAD had been more fully on, Achim would have had to pay a lot more for that one. :cool:

Phil, I think the price is too high for this set. I also think it's the 2nd time it's been listed. Didn't sell the first time. I remember the top handle piece coming off. However I don't recall ever seeing this razor in a metal case, normally it's with the wooden case. But Mr Razor shows one. This case is normally seen with the New De Luxe Big Fellow. It is a beautiful set though and if I didn't already have 4 nice Big Boy/Fellows I would consider it. But I would really be pressed to go above $200.

Len

Last edited:
Top Bottom