What's new

BIC Metal in Reject Shop Australia.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_9939.jpeg

Anyone out here in Australia that is interested in trying out the famed BIC Metal razor get on down to your local Reject Shop. I popped in and found that they had a five pack of BIC Metal razors for $3.00 each so I bought 3 packs. I went back a couple of days later and found that they now had a ten pack next to the five pack for $3.50 so I bought 3 packs. I am set for a while.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
How do they shave? I've never tried one.
I have not tried them yet but they get great reviews from members here. Especially for a travel razor when members don’t want to risk losing a razor to Airport Security. I might try one from Monday and see how they go.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I ised them for decades during my working days. I would say that they are head and shoulders above other Bics/disposables, but I liked the thinner head over the multi-blade razors and the simplicity of the design. They shave as well as any other disposable. For me, the first 3-4 shaves were excellent then they began to drop off, again, like most other disposables that I tried.

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
I ised them for decades during my working days. I would say that they are head and shoulders above other Bics/disposables, but I liked the thinner head over the multi-blade razors and the simplicity of the design. They shave as well as any other disposable. For me, the first 3-4 shaves were excellent then they began to drop off, again, like most other disposables that I tried.
I'm switching to carryon only for work travel, so have to buy some disposables. Unfortunately the Guard is unobtanium from Canadian vendors so I've narrowed it to the Metal and Sensor.

Have you tried the sensor? For context my most frequent shaver is a Vector, so there will be a let down either way :(

That is an odd store name, I would expect goods to be factory seconds.

The Bic Metal head is tiny and really useful around the ears and under nose. I still prefer the original white Bics though.

Legion

Staff member
View attachment 1790181
Anyone out here in Australia that is interested in trying out the famed BIC Metal razor get on down to your local Reject Shop. I popped in and found that they had a five pack of BIC Metal razors for $3.00 each so I bought 3 packs. I went back a couple of days later and found that they now had a ten pack next to the five pack for $3.50 so I bought 3 packs. I am set for a while.
Walked past a Rejects and thought of this thread. 5 packs were on sale, $1.50 each. So I HAD to get one, right?

Can’t say it is my most anticipated shave, but if it does ok i’ll have a few if I am ever limited to carry on baggage.

IMG_7876.jpeg

Legion

Staff member
That is an odd store name, I would expect goods to be factory seconds.

The Bic Metal head is tiny and really useful around the ears and under nose. I still prefer the original white Bics though.
A lot of the store is similar to what they have in Dollar Tree in the US, and some of it is what I assume the factories sell at a discount because of over supply, or unpaid orders, or whatever. A lot of their stock is junk, but there is the occasional bargain in there.

But think Dollar Tree, Dollar General, etc. but the shops themselves are less of a shambles.

Bic Metal could substitute any razor that I have used so far. :)
If I was starting the process of wet shaving again I would start with this very razor. I bought them for traveling and was shocked at how good my shaves were. Never a nick or irritation when using them. It’s almost impossible to apply too much pressure. Plus unlike multi blade razors I never had an ingrown.

Cheers for the heads up @ajkel64. I've been wanting to try these for a while as they seem to be highly regarded within their category. I don't have any Reject Shops near me, so I took a 33.5 km (20.8 mile) train trip to one (among other destinations, I didn't go just for these). Picked up 30 for $1.50 per 5 pack, I think these should last a while, especially seeing I don't go travelling a lot.
IMG_3268.JPG
IMG_3263.JPG

Top Bottom