What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2013

Pretty swell it is!
$Merry.jpg

You guys stop playing around right meow!

Had the Santa Fe Imperial Java Stout today. Fantastic beer. I need to do a side by side with Founders Breakfast with this one because it may just compete. And you get a sixer for $10 instead of just a 4 pack.

proxy.php

I've been drinking this beer(JAVA STOUT) often and everyone I recommend the beer to ends up loving it.

If you like Imperial's, then you should try "The DogFather". Utterly awesome. Cracking one now!
$DogFather.jpg

Last edited:
Prairie Funky Galaxy. And just like the name implies...it is fonky! Lots of brett in this one. It's a dark, hoppy, funky ale. It's almost like an ipa, porter, and saison w brett all in one. Not bad if you like that horse blanket flavor. Woo!

proxy.php

Yesterday I had a Courage Directors bitter. Decent, but not extraordinary, in my opinion. I think I'm going to pick one of my "Germans" for tonight.

There does not seem to be much love for real German beers here, btw ... do Americans have a different taste, in general? Or are German beers too expensive over there?

(I mean the real Germans from the smaller breweries, not necessarily the mass products like DAB and Warsteiner).

There does not seem to be much love for real German beers here, btw ... do Americans have a different taste, in general? Or are German beers too expensive over there?

(I mean the real Germans from the smaller breweries, not necessarily the mass products like DAB and Warsteiner).

Americans love German beer. In fact if you did a poll here I bet Hefeweizen would be one of the top styles. There's just so much going on with American craft beer right now with limited and local releases. I just don't find myself reaching for imports as much as I used to.

Americans love German beer. In fact if you did a poll here I bet Hefeweizen would be one of the top styles. There's just so much going on with American craft beer right now with limited and local releases. I just don't find myself reaching for imports as much as I used to.

What Americans would you recommend to try, and would they be available outside America?

No problem. I'd be interested to hear what you think about the place and American beer. Specifically a good American IPA. :001_smile

Top Bottom