What's new

Bar Soap vs. Body Wash

I only use bath soap, never gels or other fluids in tacky plastic bottles.

Some soaps I enjoy:

TOBS (the small rounds, very good deal IMO)
Tabac
Yardley English lavender (UK made)
Bronnley English Fern, Lavender and RHS Rose

Would love to get my hands on some Vinolia.

I love bar soap. but, will mix it up with a body wash now and again. I to look at Marshall's or TJmaxx I found some Caswell-Massey: Verbena shower gel for 3 bucks. great lemon tones. I'm always on a quest for great bar soap. I seen many online. i like to find a local store that blows me away. just have found stores with small amount of high end bar soaps. I live north of Boston.

All right, all right, Uncle. But before anyone else starts casting stones my way please remember you're all participating in a forum dedicated to the pampering of we manly men. Rose aftershave milk? Floris? Nivea creams? Lotions? Even this very thread dedicated to soaps and body wash. Admit it, it's all kind of girly but we like it don't we? :biggrin::lol::biggrin:

Not throwing stones. Just gotta appreciate the irony is all. :001_smile

I used to use J&J baby body wash for my sensitive skin, but recently switched to the Savon de Marseilles olive oil soap. I was very surprised in how well it cleans, and how little soap scum etc. it leaves behind.
It's awesome! I was thinking of throwing the bar (more like a brick) into one of those little mesh bags that my wife uses for washing er...delicate things in the washing machine & that would eliminate the need for any sort of pouffie thing in my shower. Would that work? I could hang it from the shower head & it could air dry too.

Just went back to good ole bar soap after straying to gels for a while. I just didnt like the gels after all. For now Im just using whatever manly scent wal-mart has on sale, but I have been on a quest to find some good natural soaps here locally.....unsuccessfully I might add. It sucks, I cant find a store around here that carries quality shaving stuff or soap. It makes me wish I had the money to open one.

Im fed up with paying shipping every time I want some good stuff. I know one thing, when I go to Nashville, TN in November Ill be stocking up on some Jack Black products.

I picked up a crap load of KMF Olive bars at Target on clearance...
The girl at the counter looked at me funny :biggrin:

I've used body wash (a mix of Doc Bronner's Lavender & Peppermint Castile soap) but lately I've been using Nancy Boy's Signature Scent Soap Bar and WOW! I likes me some Nancy Boy...:em19: er...ehm...products that is :em3300:

I'm using body wash right now, Old Spice. I also use one of those poofy things, and they are simply AMAZING. I could never go back to washcloths. They even work with bar soap (I've done it).

If you haven't used a poofy thing - try it. They are cheap, no reason not to, unless you're really THAT scared of looking less manly when someone sees it hanging in your shower.

I'm using body wash right now, Old Spice. I also use one of those poofy things, and they are simply AMAZING. I could never go back to washcloths. They even work with bar soap (I've done it).

If you haven't used a poofy thing - try it. They are cheap, no reason not to, unless you're really THAT scared of looking less manly when someone sees it hanging in your shower.

+1 I use the "poof" and it is great for exfoliating your skin and creating lather. My wife buys them for me now, but I never felt "unmanly" when I bought them myself before we got married.

In the shower I use both bar soap and shower gel during each shower. I typically wash my hair (then rinse), put in hair conditioner, then lather up with bar soap (and rinse), then lather up with poof and shower gel (rinse), wash face with scub and/or face wash (and rinse), then rinse conditioner. Once out I shave and apply body/face lotions as needed. My routine is actually longer than my wife's and makes her laugh.:biggrin:

The main reason I use bar soap is that I prefer it for my "private area" and arm pits but I prefer body wash for the rest of my body.

+1 I use the "poof" and it is great for exfoliating your skin and creating lather. My wife buys them for me now, but I never felt "unmanly" when I bought them myself before we got married.

In the shower I use both bar soap and shower gel during each shower. I typically wash my hair (then rinse), put in hair conditioner, then lather up with bar soap (and rinse), then lather up with poof and shower gel (rinse), wash face with scub and/or face wash (and rinse), then rinse conditioner. Once out I shave and apply body/face lotions as needed. My routine is actually longer than my wife's and makes her laugh.:biggrin:

The main reason I use bar soap is that I prefer it for my "private area" and arm pits but I prefer body wash for the rest of my body.

+1 I just wouldn't feel right re-using the "poof" (I prefer to call it a scrubby... just sounds more manly somehow) after it had been 'down there'...

+1 I just wouldn't feel right re-using the "poof" (I prefer to call it a scrubby... just sounds more manly somehow)

Good idea!

I find most eh..."common" bar soaps dry me out - Dial hair and body (something like that) is generally what I use, with a scrubby. Quick and simple.

'bout once a week or so, I'll use the wife's "good" shampoo and/or conditioner, but usually, just the body wash seems to work well for me.

body wash for sure. I love dr bronners stuff.

I was scanning the thread for this.

Used to use detergent bars in ignorance, until B&B showed me the light about what soap actually is.

Love the Dr. Bronner's, use it with the Salux washcloth.

(is it body wash, or just liquid soap? dunno, it works)

Top Bottom