What's new

Bar Soap vs. Body Wash

Body wash. Just started using the Old Spice. Great manly scent. BTW body washes don't work too well with washcloths. You need to use one of those mesh, scrubby thingys. Bed, Bath and Beyond sell a nice brand:

View attachment 28239

You don't need very much to build up a nice lather when you use these. Plus they scrub you clean and shiny. Haven't used a washcloth (except in the gym) for years.

Your post makes me want to go out and by a 28 oz bottle of Old Spice Classic Body Wash.:thumbsup:

Body wash. Just started using the Old Spice. Great manly scent. BTW body washes don't work too well with washcloths. You need to use one of those mesh, scrubby thingys. Bed, Bath and Beyond sell a nice brand:

attachment.php

You don't need very much to build up a nice lather when you use these. Plus they scrub you clean and shiny. Haven't used a washcloth (except in the gym) for years.

Errrmmm . . . I'm sorry. I'm a bachelor, so I don't have a wife or live-in girlfriend around to blame the presence of something like one of those on! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's a fargin' guy shower! No poufy things! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure they're very nice. :biggrin:

NANP™

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Errrmmm . . . I'm sorry. I'm a bachelor, so I don't have a wife or live-in girlfriend around to blame the presence of something like one of those on! :lol: :lol: :lol:

NANP™

A bachelor ... and you can't blame it on needing one for the "parade of loose women" ... :001_rolle

That's why you use the manly OS body wash. It offsets that creepy "now I'm not so comfortable about my sexuality" feeling you get. Further, you could litter your bathroom w/ Playboy and other stag mags. Plus you don't have to buy the girly colors; they sell dark blue and green too.

If none of that works, then I guess you just stick with the washcloth. SUCKER!!! :biggrin:

NANP™

Check out Axe's version, it has been maned up they call it the "detail tool" I think it is complete marketing but it has a built in scrubber so I like it.

There was another thread on this a while back - and I said the same thing: Bar soap all the way for me! I'm a fairly recent convert - I used shower gel for years.

I feel so much cleaner using soap! Squeaky clean. Also it's far better at cleaning your "bits", IMHO.

I tried switching to body wash and one of those poofy things that my wife uses, but hated the five minutes of wringing the thing out after showering. She found me an cheap exfoliating thingy that looks like a washcloth at the local grocery store (HEB for you Texans). Works great and looks manly enough that the bachelors should be happy. It wrings out easily and dries quickly, so I'm guessing mine's synthetic and not hemp.

You need to use one of those mesh, scrubby thingys.

View attachment 28239

Can't do it, wont do it. My girlfriend said if I get one of them things, I have to get it in PINK. :lol: I have some of that Old Spice Bodywash, which I use with a nice tan colored sponge!

proxy.php

That said, 90% of the time I use bar soap, alternating between Irish Spring and Mama Bear's Cold Process Lavender (which smells more earthy than flowery), recently.

View attachment 28239

NANP™

All rebuttals aside, as I was reading through I figured somebody has to see the irony in Eagles post. :w00t:

All rebuttals aside, as I was reading through I figured somebody has to see the irony in Eagles post. :w00t:

All right, all right, Uncle. But before anyone else starts casting stones my way please remember you're all participating in a forum dedicated to the pampering of we manly men. Rose aftershave milk? Floris? Nivea creams? Lotions? Even this very thread dedicated to soaps and body wash. Admit it, it's all kind of girly but we like it don't we? :biggrin::lol::biggrin:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love this place. :biggrin:

I'm still trying to figure out how to cover up the daisies on my Nancy Boy products, Eagle, so I can't really throw TOO many rocks at ya for shower poofs.

Couldn't resist a few, though. :001_rolle

NANP™

My shower 'poof' is black, with a black cord. Very manly.

Shower gels just don't foam right with a washcloth, imo.

Anyway, you guys have it all backwards. Who is really more manly and confident about their sexuality: The guy who asks his woman to buy stuff so no one knows it is for him/who looks around the store to make sure no one is looking before grabbing it and stuffing it to the bottom of his cart... OR the man who doesn't give a crap what others thinks and goes right up and takes the 'poof' off the rack with a look that says 'I dare you to make something of it'? :cool:

For me the poof isn't the issue. I picked up some of that Old Spice bodywash and the scent is so strong it makes me sneeze :w00t:. I would have liked it if it didn't smell so strong. I also figure after using this stuff with that much scent I must smell like one of those people who seem to marinate in perfume. You know the type.

I have 2 full bottles gathering dust (I buy from costco...everything is sold big and in multiples) and I can't use it without massive sneezing fits.

I did try another not-so-stinky-manly brand and it isn't as strong and I like the effect better than hard soap. That poofy thing is just scratchy enough I feel like it's done it's job scraping off the dirt.

the man who doesn't give a crap what others thinks and goes right up and takes the 'poof' off the rack with a look that says 'I dare you to make something of it'? :cool:

That's me - SWMBO has been known to send me for her necessary supplies - I just walk in and get them... more than once I've heard men in the store with their wives saying "if you're going down that aisle, I'll see you at the vegetables" or "I'm not picking those up".

Still won't use one of those poof things though regardless of the colour :biggrin:

Can't get enough of the Old Spice Classic Body Wash

+1,000,000

Bottom line: the "poof" or loofah or whatever the h$ll you wish to call it is simply a very effective tool for cleaning the skin, and I could care less if it's feminine, masculine, or androgynous. It beats the hand or washcloth without getting out of its chair.
Anyone who doesn't use one either hasn't tried one, or is insane. Yeah, I said it:)

I usually use a shower gel or body wash product. I know it's rather plebian, but I just found and like Dial "3-D" body wash. The scent disapates quickly, and it has triclosan, an antibacterial. It cleans and rinses well and has a mild moisterizer in it.

To apply, I use a "hydro towel" (I call it a scruffy towel since it's kinda rough) that can be folded up with the gel inside. It is mildy exfoliating and since it's a towel (about 3 feet long and a foot wide) you can use it to in a back and forth motion to clean your back quickly. They are cheap and all you need to do is toss it in the wash like any other wash rag. More info on these at: http://www.vitamincountry.com/index...d=5611&zenid=a2486c21ce5c59d4c01e3202f4504120

I tried several bar soaps, but they seem to leave a residue on my skin - no matter how much I rinsed, it felt like I was coated in something. Maybe I should try some newer soaps, but that is why I haven't used a bar in 20 years.

-Noah

Top Bottom