What's new

Baker's Dozen : Movie Edition

Okay, I'd like to do the same but for Best Actor winner and who should have won.

1. Adrien Brody (The Pianist)...actually it's Daniel Day-Lewis (Gangs of New York)!
2. Nicolas Cage (Leaving Las Vegas), should have been Richard Dreyfuss (Mr. Holland's Opus) - my personal opinion dunno whether anyone agrees.
3. Marlon Brando for On The Waterfront...Kidding! it should go to Humphrey Bogart for The Caine Mutiny
4. And the winner in 1967 was................the film goer.
WINNER (1968 for films released in 1967)
ROD STEIGER
In the Heat of the Night
NOMINEES
WARREN BEATTY
Bonnie and Clyde
DUSTIN HOFFMAN
The Graduate
PAUL NEWMAN
Cool Hand Luke
SPENCER TRACY
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

Okay, I'd like to do the same but for Best Actor winner and who should have won.

1. Adrien Brody (The Pianist)...actually it's Daniel Day-Lewis (Gangs of New York)!
2. Nicolas Cage (Leaving Las Vegas), should have been Richard Dreyfuss (Mr. Holland's Opus) - my personal opinion dunno whether anyone agrees.
3. Marlon Brando for On The Waterfront...Kidding! it should go to Humphrey Bogart for The Caine Mutiny
ROD STEIGER
In the Heat of the Night
NOMINEES
WARREN BEATTY
Bonnie and Clyde
DUSTIN HOFFMAN
The Graduate
PAUL NEWMAN
Cool Hand Luke
SPENCER TRACY
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner​
5. Art Carney for Harry and Tonto.....but Jack Nicholson should have won for Chinatown

ROD STEIGER
In the Heat of the Night
NOMINEES
WARREN BEATTY
Bonnie and Clyde
DUSTIN HOFFMAN
The Graduate
PAUL NEWMAN
Cool Hand Luke
SPENCER TRACY
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner​
5. Art Carney for Harry and Tonto.....but Jack Nicholson should have won for Chinatown
6. Marlon Brando for The Godfather....wait, he's not here? Well he mumbled his way through this. Let's give it to Michael Caine for Sleuth since he's here anyway.

I'll pick this back up.
Movies that had one of those "oh, wow" moments that left you kinda speechless for a second.

1. Jurassic Park - when Grant and Sadler see the Apatosaurs for the first time and the panoramic shot of the valley below them with herds of dinos.

I'll pick this back up.
Movies that had one of those "oh, wow" moments that left you kinda speechless for a second.

1. Jurassic Park - when Grant and Sadler see the Apatosaurs for the first time and the panoramic shot of the valley below them with herds of dinos.
2. Ronin - that car chase left my jaw hanging

3. 2010 - When Jupiter Blew up creating a new Sun

4. The Braveheart mooning scene.

5. Gravity - the accident scene.

6. The Sixth Sense--the moment I figured it out.

7. The Game - Total mind bender

8. Star Wars - 7 year old me thought the Death Star blowing up on the big screen was the most amazing thing ever

8. Star Wars - 7 year old me thought the Death Star blowing up on the big screen was the most amazing thing ever
9. Star Wars - When Han was killed by his son

10. Start Trek 2 : The Wrath Of Khan - The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one

10. Start Trek 2 : The Wrath Of Khan - The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one
11. Avatar - the first panorama shot

11. Avatar - the first panorama shot
12. Fight Club--the whole Brad Pitt character

12. Fight Club--the whole Brad Pitt character
The first time I saw this movie, I hadn't made the connection that Pitt was imaginary, and nobody had spoiled it for me, until the scene in the high rise with the gun. Once they started flashing back, I was frickin' dumfounded.

Top Bottom