What's new

Baker's Dozen : Movie Edition

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Inspired by the latest "whoops" moment at the Oscars, list a film that shouldn't have won "Best Picture" but did, and the film that should have gotten the last-minute "whoops you won" award.

1. How Green Was My Valley ... whoops, the Oscar goes to ... Citizen Kane

Oh, this is a subject that really grinds my gears...

Inspired by the latest "whoops" moment at the Oscars, list a film that shouldn't have won "Best Picture" but did, and the film that should have gotten the last-minute "whoops you won" award.

2. Titanic...whoops, LA Confidential

3. Crash.....*crash*.... Oh my bad, I meant Brokeback Mountain (or Capote, or Munich, or Good Night, and Good Luck).

3. Crash.....*crash*.... Oh my bad, I meant Brokeback Mountain (or Capote, or Munich, or Good Night, and Good Luck)
4. Kramer vs Kramer... wait, no, I hear choppers bringing in the real winners... Apocalypse Now

3. Crash.....*crash*.... Oh my bad, I meant Brokeback Mountain (or Capote, or Munich, or Good Night, and Good Luck)
4. Kramer vs Kramer... wait, no, I hear choppers bringing in the real winners... Apocalypse Now
5. Shakespeare in Love... oops, I mean Life is Beautiful

I'm boycotting this topic, as I was watching (apparently not closely enough) to post answer 13 so I could pick the next topic. For what is a thread about Bill Paxton without a thread about Bill Pullman? I can't think of two actors who get confused for each other more often.

I'm boycotting this topic, as I was watching (apparently not closely enough) to post answer 13 so I could pick the next topic. For what is a thread about Bill Paxton without a thread about Bill Pullman? I can't think of two actors who get confused for each other more often.
Not sure I could come up with 13 Bill Pullman movies off the top of my head. After 7 or 8 it'd get pretty sketchy.

6. Forrest Gump...
gump.jpg

6. Forrest Gump...
7. My Fair Lady...um...wait.....Dr. Strangelove

6. Forrest Gump...
View attachment 765325
8. Ordinary People. A perfectly fine, but somewhat ordinary film compared to Raging Bull (I boycotted long enough)

6. Forrest Gump...
View attachment 765325
8. Ordinary People. A perfectly fine, but somewhat ordinary film compared to Raging Bull (I boycotted long enough)
9. Shakespeare in Love... oops, I mean Life is Beautiful. Oh no, wait...just kidding. The Oscar really goes to: Saving Private Ryan.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

6. Forrest Gump...
View attachment 765325
9. Shakespeare in Love... oops, I mean Life is Beautiful. Oh no, wait...just kidding. The Oscar really goes to: Saving Private Ryan.
10. Around the World in 80 Days ... that'll be the day ... the Oscar really goes to The Searchers

6. Forrest Gump...
View attachment 765325
10. Around the World in 80 Days ... that'll be the day ... the Oscar really goes to The Searchers
11. Dances with Wolves. Was that funny like a clown? Goodfellas

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

6. Forrest Gump...
View attachment 765325
12. Chicago ... oh ... go ... no ... The Pianist

6. Forrest Gump...Pulp Fiction
12. Chicago ... oh ... go ... no ... The Pianist[/QUOTE]
13. Million Dollar Baby! Uh...erm...I mean Ray!

Okay, I'd like to do the same but for Best Actor winner and who should have won.

1. Adrien Brody (The Pianist)...actually it's Daniel Day-Lewis (Gangs of New York)!

Okay, I'd like to do the same but for Best Actor winner and who should have won.

1. Adrien Brody (The Pianist)...actually it's Daniel Day-Lewis (Gangs of New York)!
2. Nicolas Cage (Leaving Las Vegas), should have been Richard Dreyfuss (Mr. Holland's Opus) - my personal opinion dunno whether anyone agrees.

2. Nicolas Cage (Leaving Las Vegas), should have been Richard Dreyfuss (Mr. Holland's Opus) - my personal opinion dunno whether anyone agrees.
3. Marlon Brando for On The Waterfront...Kidding! it should go to Humphrey Bogart for The Caine Mutiny

Top Bottom