What's new

B.O.S.S. Brotherhood of Slant Shavers

I believe if you do a search under Natchez you will find that he released a prototype picture a while back but since then he is not too pleased about how it shaved. So they went back to the drawing boards and are working on it still. No release date as yet.

I hereby submit a photo of my beloved 39C slant for membership!

$39C Slant.jpg

Haiku, I hope you have one to use. That thing is beautiful.

Thanks for all the interest, gentlemen.

This is the one razor I have that I don't use. I'm not being completely honest here, I have a gold Bostonian which along with its box looks new, I don't use that one either.

The only thing that I've done with my white handled slant is photograph it and regularly replace the tissue paper it came in.

My 37C however sees very regular use. Great great razor.

Wonderful, wonderful picture Mel! Sure puts my smartphone picture to shame... As I sit here typing not only am I drooling over your picture, I have given up for the time being on finding a 37G. I will just have to be "content" with my 37C that is coming in the mail and my current well loved and used 39C.

Wonderful, wonderful picture Mel! Sure puts my smartphone picture to shame... As I sit here typing not only am I drooling over your picture, I have given up for the time being on finding a 37G. I will just have to be "content" with my 37C that is coming in the mail and my current well loved and used 39C.

37C are in short supply these days, so you are fortunate you obtained one now. :biggrin1:

Wow awesome pics. I was thinking about getting a slant- anyone try both the Merkur 37c and 39c? Heard horror stories about how aggressive they are, would love a point of view. Let me know your thoughts.

Wow awesome pics. I was thinking about getting a slant- anyone try both the Merkur 37c and 39c? Heard horror stories about how aggressive they are, would love a point of view. Let me know your thoughts.

If you do a bit of reading around here, you will find that the vast majority of people that have used slants will tell you that those horror stories are pure bunk. Try one, you'll see it isn't scary whatsoever and can give you close yet irritation free shaves.

attachment.php

How's that white plastic one shave?

Nemo,
The razor shaves very nice. Not as good as the metal ones but very close. Does not have the weight of the others, obviously, but still very efficient. I think it was $20 or something. Got it before the Italian Barber bought them all and started selling them with other products. Have not seen it independently for awhile. If that were the only razor I had I could get by. Probably great for shower shaving. I don't do that anymore because I like the whole experience outside of the running water.

Someone asked about slants being scary aggressive. Not the case. A very manageable and pleasant shave.

If you do a bit of reading around here, you will find that the vast majority of people that have used slants will tell you that those horror stories are pure bunk. Try one, you'll see it isn't scary whatsoever and can give you close yet irritation free shaves.

Thanks Attila, I'm very tempted. I think the 37c (if I can find one) would be a good starting point, the 39c with the open comb might be too advanced. Of course, technique makes a big difference!

Thanks Attila, I'm very tempted. I think the 37c (if I can find one) would be a good starting point, the 39c with the open comb might be too advanced. Of course, technique makes a big difference!

The 39C is not an open comb, it just has a longer handle. Neither the 37C or 39C is to aggressive for even a newbie to try. They will give you a nice close smooth shave but not to the point of needing a blood transfusion.

After my first two 37c shaves, I was about to put it on the B/S/T board, but figured I'd give it one more shot. The first two shaves I finicked and fiddled and waited for it to bite me or autoshave me or something, but the third time I just looked at the gap angle, held it on my face just like my other razors and just shaved. Result was a two pass DFS, and my fourth shave (today) was a BBS with just a little tweaking work in the funny spots.

This is just a razor, albeit a most efficient one. Get it and enjoy

The 39C is not an open comb, it just has a longer handle. Neither the 37C or 39C is to aggressive for even a newbie to try. They will give you a nice close smooth shave but not to the point of needing a blood transfusion.

+2. They have been said to shave very similarly. The head is the same. It just depends on whether you like long or short handles. The short handled version has been said to be slightly easier to maneuver, but I have not had any problems with my 39C. Once I get my 37C in the mail I'll be able to compare them.

Top Bottom