What's new

B.O.S.S. Brotherhood of Slant Shavers

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, March 2nd 2024

Razor : Razorock Wunderbar slant 316SSP with a modified Micromatic handle- Mfg 2017>, mid to upper mid range. Excellent machining and finish QC. Very well made and I like to use a short handle with Steep angle (riding the bar) for excellent performances. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : GSB(1) sharp and smooth. Top tier blade in my den.
Soap : Razorock blue barber, nice scented soap(Floid blue) with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Razorock Plissoft 24mm synthetic. Excellent lather generator, Cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Great all around synthetic brush that has been used a lot years ago when my brush collection was minimal.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my RR Wunderbar slant with a GSB blade. Pretty much a Razorock shave this morning.
SOTD March 2 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

DE SOTD, Thursday, March 14th 2024

Razor : Razorock Wunderbar slant 316 SSP with a modified Gem Micromatic handle. Mfg 2017>, mid to upper mid range. Excellent machining and finish QC. Very hard to make this head with 316 SS and have excellent results for fit.
Had a close comfortable shave this morning .
Blade : Gillette 7oClock(1) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Razorock M.F, nice fragranced soap with excellent lather qualities. Latest soap added to my collection.
Brush : Razorock Noir Plissoft 400 synthetic knot. Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Post shave : Razorock M.F with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my RR Wunderbar slant with a fresh Gillette 7oClock blade.
SOTD March 14 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Hi all! I am interested in getting a slant, so I thought this would be the best forum to post. I am an experienced wet shaver that loves blade feel and more “efficient “ razors. I have a very fast growing thick beard and I have to shave daily for work.

Over the last two years, I have owned all the Gamechangers, the Lupo.95, blackbird, and my daily driver a carbon cx with the most aggressive plate (and a Kai or feather blade).

I have done some reading on these boards and from what I can see the RR German 37 and Fatip Lo Storto closed comb are two good options to start with. I am open to other options. My price point is <$100 as I have no idea if this is a rabbit 🐰 hole 🕳️ I want to go down. lol. Open to suggestions.

Thank you in advance.

Hi all! I am interested in getting a slant, so I thought this would be the best forum to post. I am an experienced wet shaver that loves blade feel and more “efficient “ razors. I have a very fast growing thick beard and I have to shave daily for work.

Over the last two years, I have owned all the Gamechangers, the Lupo.95, blackbird, and my daily driver a carbon cx with the most aggressive plate (and a Kai or feather blade).

I have done some reading on these boards and from what I can see the RR German 37 and Fatip Lo Storto closed comb are two good options to start with. I am open to other options. My price point is <$100 as I have no idea if this is a rabbit 🐰 hole 🕳️ I want to go down. lol. Open to suggestions.

Thank you in advance.
the 37 would not be efficient enough for you imo, it does not have blade feel either. the FOCS might be good, take a look at the Wunderbar if you can get one, checks your boxes, lots of bladefeel and quite efficient. The current SuperSlant offerings from Razorock might be interesting too.

p.s.: just noticed that you mentioned the closed comb Fatip, with your requirements the OC seems to be the better bet.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune

Thank you in advance.
I know it's just a bit more.... but based on your efficiency needs, I think you might do very well with the RR SuperSlant L3++OC... I have the L2++ and it's a bit much for me, but I also have the L1++OC and I have to say.. RazoRock does an excellent job with the Open Combs... Very smooth... the teeth are well rounded and actually feel nice on my face. I like the SuperSlant enough so I'm going to be trying different blades in both the base plates I have to see if I can make one of them work.... Then???? I might try the L2++OC because the face feel of the OC is so nice, I might be able to back off enough to make it work for me...

Take a look at the SuperSlant thread... It might be right up your alley... for $40 more than you hope to spend.

EDIT: I reposted the link, starting with the last page. It might be better to start there and go backwards as the OC base plates were released later and might be better for you.

Last edited:
I know it's just a bit more.... but based on your efficiency needs, I think you might do very well with the RR SuperSlant L3++OC... I have the L2++ and it's a bit much for me, but I also have the L1++OC and I have to say.. RazoRock does an excellent job with the Open Combs... Very smooth... the teeth are well rounded and actually feel nice on my face. I like the SuperSlant enough so I'm going to be trying different blades in both the base plates I have to see if I can make one of them work.... Then???? I might try the L2++OC because the face feel of the OC is so nice, I might be able to back off enough to make it work for me...

Take a look at the SuperSlant thread... It might be right up your alley... for $40 more than you hope to spend.

EDIT: I reposted the link, starting with the last page. It might be better to start there and go backwards as the OC base plates were released later and might be better for you.

Thank you! I love this hobby because there is always more to learn. I thought all slants were the same basic design. Boy was I off.
I will look at them when they have that model in stock. They are sold out as often RR items are.
I appreciate the feedback on the Oc. That is so relevant!

the 37 would not be efficient enough for you imo, it does not have blade feel either. the FOCS might be good, take a look at the Wunderbar if you can get one, checks your boxes, lots of bladefeel and quite efficient. The current SuperSlant offerings from Razorock might be interesting too.

p.s.: just noticed that you mentioned the closed comb Fatip, with your requirements the OC seems to be the better bet.
Thank you! Another vote to Razorock SS! Now I am intrigued after reading that thread. Hmmmm.
Also, thanks for a vote on Fatip!

Ron R

DE SOTD, Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Razor : Yaqi SLOPE slant 316 SS torsional type with a coated chrome matte Yaqi brass handle- Mfg 2023>, mild to tame mid range depending on blades used, Yaqi uses a sloped safety bar to keep a similar blade gap under torsion to Mfg a unique torsional slant that is very rare to find IMO. Had a comfortable close shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette 7oClock Super Stainless(2) sharp and smoooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Razorock XXX regular, nice unique clean cologne scented with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi " Red Zebra" 26mm snow leopard synthetic knot. Excellent lather generator, luxury heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter. One of my favorites & got me more interested in 26mm synthetics years ago.
Post shave : Razorock XXX splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi SLOPE slant with a Gillette 7oClock Super stainless blade.
SOTD March 19 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSC_0614.jpg

RAZOR: RazoRock German 37 Slant Swiss Pearwood
BLADE: Gillette Nacet
BRUSH: TRC Cornflower Blue Resin 28mm Synthetic AK7
LATHER: Noble Otter Neon Sun Limited Edition Shave Soap
POST: Noble Otter Neon Sun Limited Edition Aftershave Splash

Top Bottom