What's new

Asylum RX razor

Great that helps, mine was mainly shallow angle in that case, so will try the steep angle tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok had a second shave today morning with almost 2.5 days of growth. Used Kai blade this time and had a pretty good 3 pass DFS. Just somehow the angle seems a bit weird to me as its like too away from skin something like 70 degree to find the correct angle for Rx, am i right or thats doesnt sound right?

Everyone's different, so take my thoughts with a large cube of salt...

I suspect your angle was correct, but with the RX, the blade matters. I'm a diehard aggressive razor user (with the 2011 R41 and Ikon Shavecraft Tech as two of my favorite DE razors), but when I used a Feather Pro for the first time in my RX after two weeks with a Kai Titan Mild, I noticed a huge difference. I'd suggest that you keep the angle, but use a very mild blade until you master the RX.

Ok had a second shave today morning with almost 2.5 days of growth. Used Kai blade this time and had a pretty good 3 pass DFS. Just somehow the angle seems a bit weird to me as its like too away from skin something like 70 degree to find the correct angle for Rx, am i right or thats doesnt sound right?
Take your time with it. Relaxed grip and no pressure at all. The handle end will be a little closer to your face. It feels weird because the angle is just different from a DE razor. Get a couple more shaves in, it will become more natural.....

Everyone's different, so take my thoughts with a large cube of salt...

I suspect your angle was correct, but with the RX, the blade matters. I'm a diehard aggressive razor user (with the 2011 R41 and Ikon Shavecraft Tech as two of my favorite DE razors), but when I used a Feather Pro for the first time in my RX after two weeks with a Kai Titan Mild, I noticed a huge difference. I'd suggest that you keep the angle, but use a very mild blade until you master the RX.

Yeah somehow Feathers just don't work for me, for DE I could try a range of other blades while in SE seems like Kai is the only other option

Nice lineup Scott! Looking forward to your take on Supply Provisions plate 3.

I finally got back to my Supply Provisions injector today, David. As always, I used the 3-dot plate (and have never used the other two). I got a really nice shave, with a new-to-me soap that works wonders (T+S Classic). The shave felt pretty close 20 minutes later, but late this afternoon I started to feel the stubble. A phenomenon that doesn't happen much with my Asylum RX, or my other favorite razors (like the PAA DOC Evo). The Supply is perhaps the mildest razor I use, only because it gives me a good shave without feeling the blade. I definitely feel the blade with the other razors I use (including the Schick G you sent me!).

Yeah somehow Feathers just don't work for me, for DE I could try a range of other blades while in SE seems like Kai is the only other option

Yes, but there are several types of Kai AC blades. I've only tried two, and one (whose name I can't recall) is even milder than the Titan Mild. You can try them all through Try-A-Blade.

Yes, but there are several types of Kai AC blades. I've only tried two, and one (whose name I can't recall) is even milder than the Titan Mild. You can try them all through Try-A-Blade.

Yeah I can also trade my DE blades for some SE ones since they are not being used

I finally got back to my Supply Provisions injector today, David. ... The Supply is perhaps the mildest razor I use, only because it gives me a good shave without feeling the blade. I definitely feel the blade with the other razors I use (including the Schick G you sent me!).
It's been a long time since I've used mine. I'll have to dig it out this weekend to refresh my memory.

Saturday's Shave........4.8.2016
A little MWF.....My Asylum RX back from an "Enablement Tour".....A fresh Feather Pro.....and to finish...
AV Sport and WSP Matterhorn EdP...... Doesn't Get Much Better

proxy.php

Have a Great Saturday Gents

Saturday's Shave........4.8.2016
A little MWF.....My Asylum RX back from an "Enablement Tour".....A fresh Feather Pro.....and to finish...
AV Sport and WSP Matterhorn EdP...... Doesn't Get Much Better

proxy.php

Have a Great Saturday Gents

REAL NIIIIIICCCCE......... :thumbup:

I have a few shaves left in the Feather blade loaded in my ATT S1. Once its done I'm grabbing my RX again. I haven't used it in a few weeks and I miss it. I feel like I need to name my favorite razor though. For some reason RX makes me think of the medical profession, and the local theater just played the old Cold War movie 'Dr. Strangelove'.

Hmmm

Doctor Shavegood

I have a few shaves left in the Feather blade loaded in my ATT S1. Once its done I'm grabbing my RX again. I haven't used it in a few weeks and I miss it. I feel like I need to name my favorite razor though. For some reason RX makes me think of the medical profession, and the local theater just played the old Cold War movie 'Dr. Strangelove'.

Hmmm

Doctor Shavegood

A bit off topic, but when I got married in 1981, Sony Betamax had just come out, and we had a friend whose (wealthy) parents had a player and a copy of Dr. Strangelove. At our very low cost wedding reception at my bride's parents' house, we played the movie a couple of times for our young friends. Good times. What was the name of the bomb Bat Gwano rode like a bronco? Name your RX after that!

For the best angle for me with an RX I find that I hold the end of the handle closer to my skin than with any other razor I own.
Agreed. I was prepared to give up on the Rx until I switched to a ProGuard blade and dropped the handle to a position nearly parallel to my face. Now, I absolutely love it and will begin to experiment with other blades.

Got my first & second shave in with my RX and a Feather Pro, thanks to a fellow member who sent me a couple samples of the Pro. (Thanks @pbrmhl) Oh my goodness! What 2 fabulous shaves they have been. I've only used the Kai Captain and the Titan Mild Pink blades up to now and they are great, but this Feather Pro is something else! More blade feel and more aggressive than either of the Kai blades yet super sharp and efficient. I will give the Kai smoothness and more forgiving, but the Feather Pro gave me a superb, and excellent shave with top notch post shave skin feel. Just awesome. But, I appreciate learning with the Kai's and getting the angle down on the RX. If I would have jumped in with the Feather Pro from the start, that could have been a disconcerting experience if I may say. Two great, 2 pass shaves both WTG & ATG and it was BBS yesterday and today... I will keep my Kai's and won't have a problem in buying more, but the Feather Pro is just a different animal. Sharp, smooth and aggressive in a good way. I'll be buying these exclusively. Turned my RX from "The Beast", to the Legendary Titan "The Kracken". Oh, I love it so...... Scott, your the Man...... :thumbup:

IMG_0239.JPG

I agree completely with your eloquent assessment of the differences among these blades, Gus. I'm glad the Pros are working for you--it's amazing that one can still help another with the joy of discovery for the price of a buck or two (including postage)...

Are you making googly eyes at the RX?:001_tt2:
By the way, have you tried one yet? If not, just pm me, I can put it in the mail for you and you can give it a spin. Up to you.....
Thanks for the generous offer. I actually have a loaner coming.
I really don't need or want much in the line of razors but this one has really got me lusting for it. I'm hoping that I will hate it though. I can't afford it.

Top Bottom