What's new

Anyone using just one brand of blade?

No, it's too much fun trying different blades. And, IMO with some infrequent exceptions, the razor matters more actually than the blade, so there is little harm in switching blade types frequently.

BIC Chrome Platinum are the best I've found after experimenting with about 30 blades.

Though 7 o'clock greens are also good and I have about 70 of them left, as they were my default before discovering BIC Chrome

While I’ve been home. It’s been GSB. Just trying to get through last 60 something left. Afterwards I’ll purchase 200 BIC Chrome Platinums. And I have a bunch of tucks from several brands, I tend to use when at work. Any tucks I have left over, they get gifted to my father in law or my 16 yr old girl.

I used Dorco Primes exclusively for most of a decade. These days, maybe I'd pick some variety of Treet if I had to choose.

Wow! This is an old thread. I actually clicked on this because the original poster's avatar is Mr. Met. I can't really use one type of blade, because I use both DE and SE razors. I could easily use one for DE, and it would probably be Nacets. The problem is I have a fair stock of Med Preps and Silver Blues, so I won't have only one any time soon. I also really like Feathers, which brings me to my SE blades. I'm not sure I want to have just one option because I like Feather Pros in my SE2, but I have to have Feather Supers for the Vector.

I haven't tried many blades, but I've been so impressed with Feather, that I don't see how any other blade could ever match it. I would happily never try another brand ever again.

I have a LOT of different blades, but I mostly only use Feathers, Perma-Sharps, Nacets and Personna Comfort Coated.

I could happily use any one of these four with any of my razors.

I am going to start putting the blades that I do not like into a box to pass on.

No, I like to try things, and I have several blades I think are great. Voskhod, Astra SP and Flydear SP are some of my favorites.

Top Bottom