What's new

Looking for a new brand of cologne

I just learned that Proraso is getting rid of their new-line fragrances, which includes the cologne I've been using for quite some time now. Although their main focus is on shavings creams and balms, i got accustomed to their cologne, and never really tried any other brands, and their cologne was the only one i really used. I'm trying to now find a new brand, and have no idea where to start. Does anyone have any suggestions that could help me?

Buy samples, or go to stores where they have testers so that you can try them on your skin; fragarances are so personal that is the only way to be sure what works for you.

It could be helpful for you to narrow it down before heading out to the store or ordering lots of samples. When looking for scents in a store, fragrances often do not smell the same on paper than they do on skin, also you may not like the opening of a scent but 20 minutes later it's the best fragrance since sliced bread (or vice versa). That happened to me with Terre d'Hermes Eau Intense Vetiver. Finally, when looking for a scent in a shop, after testing around 27 scents, olfactory fatigue (nose blindness) may set in and you won't be able to appreciate the nuances of a particular fragrance. I find it helps to do a little research before and limit the options a bit.

You can go to a fragrance site like Fragrantica search for the Proraso Cologne you have been using and check out similar fragrances to that Cologne. For example if you had Proraso Wood and Spice, similar fragrances are Lalique Encre Noir, Zino Davidoff, Azzaro pour homme. Those are excellent scents and won't break the bank. All of those should be around USD 20-30.

If your Cologne was Cypress & Vetiver, similar scents would be Dior Eau Sauvage, Guerlain Vetiver, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver. These are bit pricier but well worth the extra cost.

Azur Lime: Dior Fahrenheit, Terre d'Hermes, Bleu De Chanel

There are of course others which are similar to Wood and Spices, Cypress & Vetiver, and Azur Lime. I just picked a few I know to be good. Caveat: I don't know any of the Proraso Colognes, so Bleu De Chanel may be nothing like Azur Lime. As always YMMV.

I just learned that Proraso is getting rid of their new-line fragrances, which includes the cologne I've been using for quite some time now. Although their main focus is on shavings creams and balms, i got accustomed to their cologne, and never really tried any other brands, and their cologne was the only one i really used. I'm trying to now find a new brand, and have no idea where to start. Does anyone have any suggestions that could help me?

Welcome to B&B, Sir Hudsano!!

I share your liking Proraso new line stuff; how did you happen on them initially? Which flavors??

Ralph Lauren, Paco Rabanne and Calvin Klein have some great ones that won't break the bank. If you're looking to get into higher end fragrance I would definitely recommend buying samples and seeing what you like. They cost a lot more though so im not sure if giving specific reommendations would be helpful here.

Top Bottom