What's new

Any reviews of this years Beaujolais?

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I believe you refer to Beaujolais Nouveau. I'm sure it will taste the same as every other year's offering- like a thin, slightly flat cherry soda. :lol:

Beaujolais, in general, is not too impressive, but a fun treat that goes well on Turkey Day. There are, of course, some very nice ones from the ten cru Beaujolais- Morgon, Moulin a Vent, Fleurie, Chenas, Brouilly, Cote de Brouilly, Julienas, Chiroubles, Saint Amour, and Regnie.

I believe you refer to Beaujolais Nouveau. I'm sure it will taste the same as every other year's offering- like a thin, slightly flat cherry soda. :lol:

hehehe. In general I agree with you. However, two years ago they
were quite good if I remember properly. Last year I was quite disappointed.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The B.N. thing is a marketing gimick, but still fun. Try drinking it at Christmas or this spring ... if it's a good year, it will have improved. (If it's a bad year, you won't be happy drinking it anytime.)

The Japanese sure seem to give this year's batch a big :thumbsup:

proxy.php

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/11/15/wwine115.xml

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The B.N. thing is a marketing gimick, but still fun. Try drinking it at Christmas or this spring ... if it's a good year, it will have improved. (If it's a bad year, you won't be happy drinking it anytime.)

This thread reminded me of the 2006 Beaujolais-Villages Nouveau sitting in my basement ... tried it yesterday ... lovely!

Top Bottom