What's new

Annual NHL Playoff Thread

I think the Hossa prediction is a good one. I'm not a fan of his he is disloyal to any team and only seems to think of team in terms of "how will this team benefit me?" That is poor character. He is the only reason I was against the Hawks winning the cup.

+1, but then again, I'm from hockey town :tongue_sm

+1, but then again, I'm from hockey town :tongue_sm

1. Hossa wears a half-shield. 'Nuff said. Of course he'll look for a better deal.
2. As far as Philly fans booing the Cup, I'd expect nothing less. These people also booed Santa Claus. And I don't care what you say, Santa is real.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
And Canada goes to sleep until Autumn (which begins in August up there).

Don't forget to shut the lights. :thumbup1:

I think Hossa is playing somewhere else next year.

The Blackhawks signed Hossa to a 12 year / $62.8 million dollar deal at age 30 in July of 2009. I don't know much about NHL free agency or salary cap issues, but this contract seems to make him hard to get rid of.

He was a very good 2 way player for the Hawks this year, and provided some veteran leadership to a very young and talented core of Hawks. 57 points in 51 games, +24, and only 18 PIM. His teammates seem to respect him, and he seems like a good fit here for now.

I had the pleasure of watching game 6 in Wrigleyville... People took to the streets after the win!

As much as I hate the Flyers, at least their fans went to Wachowia Center when their team was struggling

In Chicago, it had been empty seats galore; now all of sudden, United Center is full :001_rolle

I think the Hossa prediction is a good one. I'm not a fan of his he is disloyal to any team and only seems to think of team in terms of "how will this team benefit me?" That is poor character. He is the only reason I was against the Hawks winning the cup.

Those are good points. He also didn't really produce except for in the playoffs, as he was injured for a significant part of the regular season. Even then, he wasn't stellar. Had some key goals and added some to the special teams and is good on the forecheck.

He's going to want more money than he's worth (he's over-priced as it is). I guess the off-season will tell us how good his agent is.

The Blackhawks signed Hossa to a 12 year / $62.8 million dollar deal at age 30 in July of 2009. I don't know much about NHL free agency or salary cap issues, but this contract seems to make him hard to get rid of.

He was a very good 2 way player for the Hawks this year, and provided some veteran leadership to a very young and talented core of Hawks. 57 points in 51 games, +24, and only 18 PIM. His teammates seem to respect him, and he seems like a good fit here for now.

Oh, I totally forgot about his huge contract he signed. Interesting.

Congrats to CHI Fans...and to all those who wanted ANYONE to win other than PHI!

Hossa's going to be wearing a Hawks sweater for a long time folks. The NHL cap is pretty strict. Teams aren't allowed to do funky things like NFL teams can do with their caps. He'll be hard to trade for quite a while.

And Canada goes to sleep until Autumn (which begins in August up there).>>>>snip

Depends on where you live.

Where I live (the Avalon Peninsula in Newfoundland) I hear our summer is on a Wednesday this year, so if that happens in June or July, fall will start the day after.:lol:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
No one laughed harder than me when Hossa's ex-pens won against him last year.

But ... his Chi-town team mates made sure he got the cup second, right after the captain Towes collected it ... so that to me speaks volumes of how they respect him and I'll assume he's worthy of that respect.

And Canada goes to sleep until Autumn (which begins in August up there).

Don't forget to shut the lights. :thumbup1:

http://www.peacecountrysun.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1690515

Top Bottom