What's new

Announcing the 2006 B&B Forum Brush

A the risk of being redundant and making this post useless, I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to both John and Joel for their dedication to making this brush so perfect.

Incidentally, I would like to ask John what he thought of the finest silvertip version of the brush. We didn't hear much of his initial impressions. Was the first prototype that wrong?

Are you talking about the first or second version? The first version, I was impressed with the hair itself. Wonderfully soft tips. However, because of the finer hair, it just didn't have enough backbone. Keep in mind that this is a new hair, and there was bound to be some tweaking to get the knot correct.

The second version, because of work time constraints, I didn't have time to test. I only held it in my hand for about 30 seconds before packing it up and overnighting it to Joel. From my very brief review, it was QUITE a bit better than the first. I had high hopes for it, but couldn't confirm my thoughts without using it. Joel will be sending it back to me for review when he's done with it. I'll give my thoughts as soon as I have time to use it extensively. But just from my 30 seconds, I could tell it was going to be a winner. In the mean time, you'll be getting more than enough info from Joel shortly.

Are there only FOUR different versions available? :eek: :confused1

Tell me it ain't so.............:crying:

How many do you want? I could always mark a couple up with a sharpie marker for you. Maybe a zebra handle, a spotted cow handle, etc...

M

modern man

How many do you want? I could always mark a couple up with a sharpie marker for you. Maybe a zebra handle, a spotted cow handle, etc...

Tiger stripe for me!

Good work on the brush guys. Was going to save up for a Shavemac or SR, but after seeing the torture device (Joel's) pictures I am sold on this.

Review/thoughts/comparison of the 2 brushes we will be offering, as well as the most recent update on the order date, status, etc of the brush has been posted HERE!

Are you talking about the first or second version?

I was talking about the version demeaned by Joel, which I guess was the first version. But I’ve just read his comparison thread and I’ll buy both the finest and standard version. :smile: Again, thank you.

Just as a friendly heads up - The VERY first B&B brush & possibly matching razor/stand (full custom production model - non prototype) is going to be auctioned off, with the proceeds going to a U.S. based charity (we haven't figured out which one yet, however more than likely some form of cancer based research/charity since so many of our fellow wetshavers have fallen from the awful affliction, and most importantly - it will be beneficial worldwide, as all steps towards a cure will help people worldwide)

This will not be one of the "standard" versions offered to the public - and to say the least - it will stand out dramatically next to the models offered publicly. This special brush will come with a certificate, a signed storage tube (signed by Neil Jagger - Owner of Edwin Jagger), and will be quite a piece of B&B history for one very lucky member. Being that this is the first B&B brush.... and that this forum is/has been growing at such a rapid clip... this could be a very big deal.

Details will be released as soon as we work out the specifics, but John and I wanted to give you the heads up first. :smile:

Oh BTW.... three cheers for John.... NONE of this would have occurred, and there would not be a B&B brush if it were not for his dedication, relentless efforts, and unwavering patience (I can really be a miserable pain in the rear to deal with :tongue: ). John... you're the man!

Expect to be able to order your B&B brush in about 1 week. Everything has been finalized as far as what is to be offered, and we will give full descriptions/pictures and what not of the entire set as soon as we receive them from Edwin Jagger. Again, your patience is appreciated, and we will be certain to update you, and fill you in as soon as we can.

Thanks for the head's up Joel....the light, er bush is at the end of the tunnel! :)

Really, I can hardly wait to see the set looks like, as I'm hoping to have the full kit. (I'll take my impatience out on my brushes, latherstrom...ha you haven't seen latherstorm yet...I have two mugs, two badgers, and two tubes of proraso saying I can flood the entire apartment in lather!)

Joel and John,

It all sounds great. How long will the opportunity last? Suppose I buy just one brush and then decide I can't live without having the other one also. Will I still be able to order a second brush a month later?

Just as a friendly heads up - The VERY first B&B brush & possibly matching razor/stand (full custom production model - non prototype) is going to be auctioned off, with the proceeds going to a U.S. based charity (we haven't figured out which one yet, however more than likely some form of cancer based research/charity since so many of our fellow wetshavers have fallen from the awful affliction, and most importantly - it will be beneficial worldwide, as all steps towards a cure will help people worldwide)

Thanks to both of you for all your work, it is greatly appreciated. A big thumbs up on your choice for the charity. I watched both my parents die from cancer, and I'm sure that it has somehow affected the lives of most of us here at B&B.

with the proceeds going to a U.S. based charity (we haven't figured out which one yet, however more than likely some form of cancer based research/charity since so many of our fellow wetshavers have fallen from the awful affliction, and most importantly - it will be beneficial worldwide, as all steps towards a cure will help people worldwide)

Thank you so much for supporting cancer research.

My father's generation went to the moon. My generation is going to cure this sum'*****. :biggrin:

Outstanding job all on the review and torture tests. What a Herculean effort, all I can say is "Holy Crap" ! I can't wait - woo hoo.

Cliff

Just as a friendly heads up - The VERY first B&B brush & possibly matching razor/stand (full custom production model - non prototype) is going to be auctioned off, with the proceeds going to a U.S. based charity
This is a very generous gesture. Let’s just hope auctioneers will have recovered from the financial drain of giftmas.

This is a very generous gesture. Let’s just hope auctioneers will have recovered from the financial drain of giftmas.

We won't actually have this brush in hand for at least four weeks, so that should give people to recover a little. :biggrin:

I believe it will be posted in clear view, most likely in this thread, and probably also on the main page......as soon as its live

Yes, I will post when the links are live. I will be PMing the links to everyone that has PM'd me about ordering the brush or razor, as well as posting insturctions for ordering.

I apologize, but I don't yet have all the links. I have the ones for the brushes, but not the two links for the razor and stand. I should have had them already...

Top Bottom