What's new

Announcing the 2006 B&B Forum Brush

Seriously though... I liked 2 of the options available - and I would like to offer both types if possible - as one was more of a rolls royce and the other an aston martin - 2 very, very different personalities, but both superb! I have pics/review of 'em both with them lathering the same products, etc etc - and hopefully by tomorrow we'll have the word on the final offering(s) and I'll post the review and we'll be ready to rock!

Well I only planned on getting one brush for christmas... but I put a shavemac on my list cause of this delay, my mother is already waiting anyway to buy me one of these anyway... and now they'll be two of them?!?

Looks like my brush supply will be multiplying overnight! :w00t:

I guess I have a better justification to get one in ebony and one in horn now :001_smile:001_smile

This just in. BOTH types of hair will be offered. That's a total of 4 brushes:

Faux Horn w/ Finest Silvertip
Faux Horn w/ Silvertip
Faux Ebony w/ Finest Silvertip
Faux Ebony w/ Silvertip

I'm making multiple international calls this morning to get that order page live...

Faux Horn w/ Silvertip
Faux Ebony w/ Silvertip

I'm making multiple international calls this morning to get that order page live...

OMG! Which should I choose?:confused1

This site has officially become the worst influence on me.

For the sake of being redundant, will a description of the characteristics of the hair grades be available on this thread or the order page? Being a newbie I need the help in deciding which best suits my needs. TIA, Bradley:thumbup:

For the sake of being redundant, will a description of the characteristics of the hair grades be available on this thread or the order page? Being a newbie I need the help in deciding which best suits my needs. TIA, Bradley:thumbup:

Bandg,

Joel will be posting his review so you can make an informed decision (that is, assuming the decision isn't to just get all four variations :wink: ).

-Nick

All 4!! :smile:

First post too... Welcome to B&B!

Well.... I have to get at least two of them.

Then I just have to figure out how to explain it to my wife. "Honey, they each have different types of bristles and are only going to be available for a limited time".:sneaky2:

Thanks for the welcome Mike. I've been lurker for a while.

Well.... I have to get at least two of them.

Then I just have to figure out how to explain it to my wife. "Honey, they each have different types of bristles and are only going to be available for a limited time".:sneaky2:

Thanks for the welcome Mike. I've been lurker for a while.

You know... there is going to be a matching DE razor as well :wink:

Faux Horn w/ Silvertip
Faux Ebony w/ Silvertip

I hate you guys, I mean love....well I guess it is a love hate relationship. Four brushes, good God!:scared:
DJ.

4 Brushes!??!!?
I was hoping this would be so much easier....:001_unsur
Either way I can hardly wait for these to be available, definitely want at least one.
John P.

4 Brushes!??!!?
I was hoping this would be so much easier....:001_unsur
Either way I can hardly wait for these to be available, definitely want at least one.
John P.

John,
Good news:
I'll be posting a review as soon as I finish uploading the pics (60 of 'em) and typing descriptions - but you'll see 2 ebony handled B&B brushes (proto's so no markings on the handle) one in Finest Silvertip - the other in Silvertip, and it'll go into details - the differences (and show with pics) and show each brush lathering an english cream, a english triple milled hard soap, a glycerin soap, and SCS's soft pastey whatchamacallit soap - so you'll see which one excels in which area, and you'll get a description of the feeling/performance of each.

Bad news:
They are both really, really - I mean REALLY damn good... these will go toe to toe with ANY brush at ANY price - and more than likely will look better, be a hell of a lot less common - and without question be A LOT more durable.

I'd suggest to anyone who can swing it... get the best of both worlds! Get one horn, one ebony, and on one of 'em get silvertip - the other finest silvertip!

They really are radically different brushes.... but both of which are the top of the top in their respective classes...

I'm going to get two, but I don't know what two to get. If you were to get just two would you have them match or one of each i.e. one finest silvertip in horn and one finest silvertip ebony or...I don't know help me out. :confused:

Anyways I'm in for a couple of brushes and looking forward to the matching razor.

Joel,
thanks for the good news. I'm looking forwards to your review.
I really hope I'm not flat broke when these are available because at this rate I might want several of them.
I have the sickness bad.
John P.

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought the whole reason for one of the delays was that the original finest silvertip prototype ended up being too floppy...?? Or did I miss something? Are they going to stuff the Finest Silvertip version extra-dense?

Thanks in advance for setting me straight.

Straight? Straight razor? A B&B Straight Razor next? :)

A the risk of being redundant and making this post useless, I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to both John and Joel for their dedication to making this brush so perfect.

Incidentally, I would like to ask John what he thought of the finest silvertip version of the brush. We didn't hear much of his initial impressions. Was the first prototype that wrong?

Top Bottom