What's new

All of us black coffee drinkers...

I started drinking my coffee black back when I ran marathons because I read an article in Runner’s World that counted up how much sugar you would consume if you had a teaspoon per day in your coffee. So I ditched the sugar, and now I love it black.

So I drink black coffee and I used to run marathons. I’ll let you decide if I’m a little :crazy: 🤷‍♂️

What the news and mass media say
about what the health implications of coffee drinking are,
seems to depend mostly on if it's an odd or even numbered year.

My coffee habits have changed over the years.
When I was a child, the old people gave me coffee with so much milk in it
that it was an obvious attempt to make me think I was drinking coffee
when it was really a cup of milk.
I never drank coffee at home as an adult.
When I was a driver, I worked with a crew that always took breaks at McDonalds
and we drank coffee there.
I took it black with enough sugar to invoke the idea of coffee flavored candy.
Then diabetes and black coffee without sugar.

Nowadays my favorite is a large hot Dunkin Doughnuts capucino,
no sugar, no added flavors.

What the news and mass media say
about what the health implications of coffee drinking are,
seems to depend mostly on if it's an odd or even numbered year.

My coffee habits have changed over the years.
When I was a child, the old people gave me coffee with so much milk in it
that it was an obvious attempt to make me think I was drinking coffee
when it was really a cup of milk.
I never drank coffee at home as an adult.
When I was a driver, I worked with a crew that always took breaks at McDonalds
and we drank coffee there.
I took it black with enough sugar to invoke the idea of coffee flavored candy.
Then diabetes and black coffee without sugar.

Nowadays my favorite is a large hot Dunkin Doughnuts capucino,
no sugar, no added flavors.

Dunkin’ is good Coffee, said the local one closed.

One I do like black. Ethiopia Queen Harrar.

IMG_9584.jpeg

My gateway to coffee was Starbucks Frappuccino around 25 years ago. Then I moved to a mocha, followed by a latte. When we started brewing at home, I would add milk and sugar, drinking it that way for about 5 years.

I gave up the sugar and just added milk until about 2 years ago when I just decided to take it black. I can’t drink any coffee with milk or sugar anymore (and enjoy it). I found drinking it black that the lighter roasts I had preferred were WAY too acidic for my stomach, so somehow, this Frappuccino-addicted coffee drinker has come virtually full circle to dark roast black coffee drinker. Full circle would be drinking straight espresso shots but for me, the gear investment is a bridge too far.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Usually black? With cream and even less often with sugar as a treat, although lately the "iced coffees" from mcd's/tims have my attention. Had an iced americano (black) over the weekend which was quite good. But my usual on the weekends is an espresso -> americano pulled from my flair.

I wasn't a big coffee drinker in high school or most of college, until I began dating my wife. Pre-meeting my wife I drank my coffee with milk and sugar. When we began dating, she never had milk or sugar at her apartment, so I learned to drink it black. Once you get used to black coffee, you can't go back to milk and sugar. 50+ years later, we still drink it black, dark roast.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I have my grandmother (Lucille) to thank for my love of black coffee. She started giving it to me as a kid and I just stuck to the black coffee path.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Started drinking black coffee as a teen when camping, sugar was extra weight and milk didn't keep. The powdered stuff doesn't taste like milk. My preference is for espresso from a Bialetti stovetop pot anyway.

There's no proof I'm a psychopath and as long as you don't dig up my patio that's the story I'm sticking to.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I don't drink much iced coffee but I have been enjoying some iced black coffee from a local place called Eos lately.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I always drink hot coffee black, but I often like a splash of milk in ice coffee. Kind of interesting as ice coffee is considerably less acidic. Well, I'm a mystery much of the time.

Reactions: GNR
Top Bottom