What's new

Aftershave samples review

Myrsol Agua de Limon:
Nice Alcohol burn to this one. Plus a menthol cool down. The burn continued throughout the cool down, very interesting feel. I wonder if the burn being stronger was also to to the citric acid and not just the alcohol. Has a nice lemon scent. Lasts maybe 2-3 hours. Face did feel refreshed.

interesting that the scent on the Agua de Limon lasted as long as it did for you. It disappeared almost immediately for me.

interesting that the scent on the Agua de Limon lasted as long as it did for you. It disappeared almost immediately for me.

Myrsol is not very long lasting on any of their scents it seems... By 2-3 hours this means an up close inspection, cannot smell it otherwise.

Myrsol Formula C:
Decent alcohol bite and strong menthol cool down. I couldn't quite place the scent. It was a sweet smell not floral though. Kind of reminded me of PEZ candy. Fades pretty quick, about2 hours. Again nice face refreshment overall.

Myrsol Agua de Limon:
Nice Alcohol burn to this one. Plus a menthol cool down. The burn continued throughout the cool down, very interesting feel. I wonder if the burn being stronger was also to to the citric acid and not just the alcohol. Has a nice lemon scent. Lasts maybe 2-3 hours. Face did feel refreshed.
I've thought about buying a jug of the Myrsol Limon for a while. Is there another, less expensive lemon splash readily available in North America? I know the Turks make several but they aren't easy to find.

This thread is awesome! I'm trying to decide on my first A/S (pretty new to traditional wet shave). I have the TOBS Mr. Taylor cream coming today, and I may pick up the A/S if I like the scent now that I've read this! Thanks a ton!

This thread is awesome! I'm trying to decide on my first A/S (pretty new to traditional wet shave). I have the TOBS Mr. Taylor cream coming today, and I may pick up the A/S if I like the scent now that I've read this! Thanks a ton!
Thank you for the kind words.. Hope it helps a little with your decision.

Myrsol F/Extra:
Decent alcohol sting and strong menthol cool down. The scent was a little odd at first but then settled down to a powdery scent. Reminded me very much of Floid Suave but not as strong. Same healing properties as the rest of Myrsol. Scent lasted maybe 4 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Myrsol Antesol:
I know this is supposed to be a preshave, but can also be used as an aftershave. Odd smell, maybe mint maybe some clove, but scent fades very quickly changes to a clean soap smell that lasts maybe 2 hours. No alcohol sting at all even though it is in the ingredients. Definitely has a menthol cooling. Leaves face feeling tight.

Myrsol FJ Extra:
Decent alcohol sting and strong menthol cool down. The scent was a little odd at first but then settled down to a powdery scent. Reminded me very much of Floid Suave but not as strong. Same healing properties as the rest of Myrsol. Scent lasted maybe 4 hours.

Yes the F/Extra is my favourite Myrsol. To me it is a "classic barbershop" fragrance. It also lasts about 4-5 hours on me. Now you have me wondering about the Floid.

I've thought about buying a jug of the Myrsol Limon for a while. Is there another, less expensive lemon splash readily available in North America? I know the Turks make several but they aren't easy to find.

Folsom and Company Capri has a decent citrus scent.

Dr Jon's Classic Aftershave Tonic:
This stuff is really good.
Small alcohol bite and a little it of menthol. But the scent is amazing. Very strong on the Cedar and Vetiver side, but also has a Lime blast to it. The wife smelled the Lime right off the bat, but then up close said I smelled "woody"
She liked it quite a bit.
Could also pick out the lavender just slightly. Definitely a Earthy/Citrus combination.
Dried down to mostly cedar and vetiver. Could still smell it 8 hours later.

Coincidentally, I'm wearing Dr. Jon's Classic today. Agree wholeheartedly with your review. I'm still smelling it several hours after putting it on sparingly.

Dr Jon's Anne Bonny:
Didn't know what to expect as I didn't read anything about it. It is definitely a Bay Rum type aftershave. Had a little alcohol sting and then about 4 seconds later bam, warm up. Nice burn, not as strong as some others but it was definitely noticeable. The scent is quite mild also. Some Bay leaf oil for sure, but then has something else I couldn't place. Looked up some more info and I think it is the tea smell. pretty neat combination. Couldn't really smell the lime. Good feel to the face when it dries down. Lasted maybe 4- 6 hours.

Dr Jon's Aphrodite:
Had a pear like smell to start and finished with rose. Very floral fragrance. It was a little strange as it made my face sting, not an alcohol burn, but for about 5 minutes after applying I felt like my face was being poked with needles type stinging. Maybe I have a little allergy to one of the ingredients. Dried down to a very strong rose scent. Scent lasted a good 12 hours. If you like floral try it, if not pass it on to the wife. (That is if she likes rose scent)

Dr Jon's Savannah Sunrise:
I think this is strongest on the Peach side. Had some other smells with it, but I just kept smelling the peach, which smells great, but not on a man at least for me. My wife said it was a little pungent and made me wash it down some. Even after rinsing twice could still smell it for a couple hours. Nice face feel, small menthol freeze and a little alcohol burn.

To the OP, would you mind telling me which AS Splashes you found the most moisturizing? I saw you mentioned in a few of the TOBS AS samples that they left a nice feeling on your face. I really appreciate this thread and your scent descriptions but I'm interested in the thread to find out face feel. Anything that has a bad drying effect would not work for me and my dry skin.

Read through the thread and wanted to thank you for reviewing and sharing your thoughts. We'll done - thank you!

Dr Jon's Hydra:
This one is a citrus blast. Smells of lemons and oranges. Has a strong alcohol bite and deep menthol feel. Perhaps the Lemon adds to the affect. has a good feel to it when dries down, scent lasts maybe 2 hours. Citrus scents never seem to last long.

Top Bottom