What's new

ADJUSTABLE APRIL 2024

Adjustable April 24 - Shave 22

Pearl Flexi OC
Wizamet SI
Wolf Whiskers / Black Eagle HT
River Valley Trading - Yuka Lyptik
Master Soap Creations - Splash

JMHO - The Pearl Flexi OC was the best adjustable released in 2023.

It's one of a very few razors that I could use on a daily basis. Its mild enough for my weekend shaves and wild enough to give me the close shaves on the days when I want/need them.

The "knurling" is great both in looks and feel.
Were I to be super critical, I would prefer a slightly shorted and thinner handle.

View attachment 1833761
Beautiful Looking Razor. I've got an SB on the way and hopefully can feature it before Adjustable April ends.

Just another Fatboy post for the day, nothing to see here. 1960 F4, Astra sp, Rubberset 400 redone in horse and some original Old Spice Soap.
1713820706638.png

AA ‘24

A real pleasant shave this evening. The Sailor does what it does best, bring down the whiskers effectively and comfortably. However, get it sideways and this pup has a nice bite. It is a little on the bulky side but, once it’s in action that heavy or bulky feeling is gone. A true thoroughbred in the adjustable razor field.

Great shaves to all…

A5A36C10-D8DC-4C3D-A043-6EF7FEBDB5AD.jpeg

Interesting... I've had my eye on this one for a while, but most ppl seem to have more love for the sb version, and find the oc version too aggressive.

How do the teeth feel?

It is definitely more aggressive/efficient than the SB version, but that generally is the case where there are the two versions of the same razor. That's also why there is generally more love for SB versions and also probably why the razor manufacturers offer more SB versions.

I guess that it suits my shaving "style" - I can use it on 1 for that easy DFS and high up on 6 or beyond if I'm chasing a BBS.

Teeth - they look sharp but are sort of curved out of the way to be an issue, again maybe just the way that I shave??

Beautiful Looking Razor. I've got an SB on the way and hopefully can feature it before Adjustable April ends.

Holding thumbs:thumbup:

Adjustable April 24 - Shave 23

Personna Precision (Chrome Version)
Gillette Spoiler
Lowborne with a Declaration B7
BunduBeard - Boomslang
Master Soap Creations - Betty Bets Splash

This is the rarer Chromed version of the Personna Precision. I would hazard a guess that the feedback that they received was that there was a fair bit of drag and they chrome plated it to try and eliminate it.

The original handle has a slight crack, so in order to preserve it, I turned this one which I had Cerakoted and the twistknob chrome plated. (I also prefer the increased weight of this handle)

I chose a Gillette Spoiler blade. The brush is a Louborne with a B7 Declatation knot. The soap is BunduBeards Boomslang and the splash is Betty bets by Master Soap Craetions.

Have an awesome Tuesday everyone and I'll see you tomorrow.

sotd240423b.jpg

Nice DFS++ with the Rex Ambassador XL today (6 WTG, 3 ATG). I wish you all a great day!

IMG_9494 (1).jpeg

• Razor: Ambassador XL
  • Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (1)
  • Brush: Mühle Sophist STB
  • Preshave: Proraso White
  • Aftershave: Manufactum Bayrum
  • Aftershave Cream: Manufactum Sheabutter-Creme

Last edited:
Top Bottom