Acquistions July 28 - August 3

Discussion in 'The Score' started by Suzuki, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suzuki

Suzuki Moderator Emeritus

Let's see the scores for the week.

2. Well here are the packages I have been waiting for. There are some very interesting razors that I will be posting some questions about in the Safety Razor section!

3. .......Good God! How many razors do you have there?

4. So yeah, I'd be an unmarried man in no time with a collection like that. Still, bravo :thumbup:

5. Great Haul. I see some rockets and even a wilkinson sticky!

6. Well - It's funny you say that. My wife and I were discussing/arguing about her going on a cruise with her girlfriends. Now she's going on the cruise.

7. Holy razors Batman!!!!
    Wow, what a score!!!!!:w00t:

8. Nice score! Did you buy them from a former collector or something?

9. Yes - I did. I purchased some razors off of Ebay and when I received the package there was a note asking me if I would be interested in buying his Grandfather's razor collection. :w00t: So I did!!!

10. That has to be the score of the week.

11. I do not even want to know how much you spent on that.

I can only say...wow

12. [​IMG]

A combo of last week and this weeks score.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2017
  13. Thiers Issard Silver Steel 6/8 "Loup et Bellier" Straight Razor
    Thanks RayG....

14. Got lucky on ebay. I've been looking for a nice W&B, but have been outbid, or just didn't see what I wanted. Took a flyer on some so-so photos and came up with a gem. 15/16ths quarter hollow barber notch with unique engraving. I really don't think the blade has seen a hone. I've polished with MAAS. Some small, minor pits on the reverse of the blade. Bone handles, I think, with no damage. All I need is to hone and use.:biggrin:

15. For $1.50 + shipping, I won a fatboy and slim on ebay. I can tell from the pic that they have some serious gunk build up and need some serious cleaning, but for $7.80 shipped!!? Here was the item title. "Gillette Speedrazor - Vintage/Old - Set of 2!!!"

16. Nice one Antique Hoosier, maybe we should set up a play date...

My new 6/8 TI. Thanks MonkeyBoy

View attachment 26540

17. This showed up in my mailbox a couple of days ago:w00t:. Zero plating loss to razor, blade case, and razor case. If it was ever used, it must have been only a couple of times. Just used a little dish soap and a soft cloth to clean. The lining was dusty though, but it too cleaned up very nicely. It sure would be nice to live in a time when hotels (and other establishments) gave out nice items like this in appreciation of your business...unfortunately for us, we live in a disposable world.

18. johnniegold

johnniegold Moderator Emeritus

Got these in from Superlather.com

19. BJC

BJC

Picked this up a few weeks back off of the bay (thanks VR6ofpain for the heads up). It was a birthday gift from my wife to replace my gold/brass NEW. A beautiful razor that gives a great shave - I think this is my favorite razor.

20. Congrats, that is a beautiful razor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.